Author Topic: Indoor garden news  (Read 1971 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Indoor garden news
« on: Aug 04, 2007, 09:30:38 AM »
Well most of the mum's cuttings I took survived and now they are beginning to put on new leaves and to bloom.  I'm so thrilled with the number that have made it. 

I got some more potting soil so I may be putting these in throw away containers and taking them to church tomorrow for the ladies.

I also got some wood chips since the walmart didn't have any orchid potting soil and repotted all three of my orchids.  I know that the potting soil was suppose to last three years but I have to say that most of it had turned to soil in just two years.  I think maybe the stuff I got was old to begin with. 

They didn't have any tall pots at walmart either that weren't equally as wide so I went to the fake flower isle and got tall thin tin cans.  Inside I put down glass pebbles and then a yogurt cup with a hole cut in the bottom and then the climbing stick and then the wood chips.  Hopefully they will be happy. 

They are only one and a half years old so they are still pretty small.  These tin cans are 8 inches tall so I hope they will be tall enough to last awhile.

After I look around the site I'm in for a nap lol.  Shopping wears me out.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: Indoor garden news
« Reply #1 on: Sep 05, 2007, 07:31:31 AM »
Today I transplanted 12 Kalanchoe rooted cuttings into disposable containers so they are ready to go to church on sunday.  I hope they all find homes.  I don't want them.  I have a large one already and am keeping back one of the cuttings in the hopes that it is a different color. 

And I am fertilizing the last of my 2 year old orchids.  I'm hoping that the place I am moving to has enough light for them to bloom which should be next year.  If not it's grow lights to the rescue lol.

The african violet hasn't died although it did drop some of it's outer leaves.  I'm hoping that is normal.  It has a humidity tray and I water from the bottom so I have my fingers crossed.  My leaf cutting from the african violet didn't make it. 

The Sweet Basil has sprouted that I'm growing for a friend so now it's just getting it up to the 6 inch size and it'll be ready to give to her.

Other than that about all I have inside at this time is the chives, jade, croton, and prayer plant.  They are doing ok but not great. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #2 on: Sep 16, 2007, 12:05:30 PM »
Today the kalanchoe are back in the box waiting to go to church.  And I finally feel healthy enough I think I'm going to make it there.  Which is a good thing because I have stuff to go everywhere.  It's more like a farmers market than a church meeting today with all the stuff I'm taking with me.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.

MassMama

« Reply #3 on: Sep 16, 2007, 08:58:57 PM »
 :Wow: you sure have been busy Duh!! I hope you had a wonderful day at church and that everyone loved their beautiful plants and flowers!
I am happy that your feeling better too!  :ThumbUp:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #4 on: Sep 17, 2007, 07:31:11 AM »
Thanks so much for your kind words Rita.  I did get to church and immediately had an allergic reaction to someones perfume. 

Hopefully the plants will find good homes.  I wasn't able to make the announcement I wanted to so our secretary had to take them home.

Today I'm going to be working on getting my seeds in packets so I can do some trades.  I love trading seeds and this is the best time of year to do that I think.

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #5 on: Sep 18, 2007, 10:58:03 AM »
You have been busy is right!!

I just love Mums this time of the year, its sad to see summer go, but the splash of colors that Mums add, are gorgeous!!!!!

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #6 on: Sep 19, 2007, 07:20:27 AM »
Your right they are.  I need to add some bloom booster to their water the next time I water.  They are just starting to bloom and are being rather slow at it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal