Author Topic: First annual seed swap!  (Read 8906 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: First annual seed swap!
« Reply #50 on: Jan 30, 2008, 12:10:15 PM »
i'm so glad that I pack as I go.  If I didn't I'd never make it into a seed swap.  I'm terrible under pressure.  My mind just goes blank and I wander off.  I'm going to have to do some planting pretty soon or start a second seed drawer.  Wrennies seeds came in and filled and I do mean filled my drawer.  So if anyone is looking for anything think of me first. 

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #51 on: Jan 31, 2008, 12:32:18 PM »
I guess that today is the deadline, cant wait to get my envelope in the mail.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #52 on: Feb 01, 2008, 08:04:32 AM »
I think she said it would probably be around valentines day didn't she?  I could be wrong, I frequently am. 

Offline Tonya

« Reply #53 on: Feb 01, 2008, 08:08:35 AM »
I never did get mine out...... too much going on. Sorry y'all! :Blush:  Maybe I will be ready for the next one. **sigh**  Can't wait to see what everyone gets, tho!! I'll just live vicariously through you guys! :giggle:

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #54 on: Feb 01, 2008, 08:30:05 AM »
Can't wait to see what everyone gets, tho!! I'll just live vicariously through you guys! :giggle:
Thats what I'm doing! I cant justify getting more seeds unless I buy more land! :giggle:

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
« Reply #55 on: Feb 01, 2008, 06:48:47 PM »
Triss, your seeds arrived today!

I have one more person who mailed theirs out today, then I can swap and get them back into the mail. They will be back to you guys not later than Valentine's day.
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

christy

« Reply #56 on: Feb 06, 2008, 12:54:49 AM »
i mailed mine out friday, i didnt relize it was a day late,  :Blush: i was only thinkin i thought i mailed em out awile ago, still i seen em under the truck seat   :smack:

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
    • My blog
« Reply #57 on: Feb 07, 2008, 07:28:49 PM »
The seeds are all traded, bagged up and ready to go out. I will be dropping them off at the post office tomorrow. :yesssss:

I tried to make sure each of you got things on your wish list. I hope everyone will be pleased. :grinnnn:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #58 on: Feb 08, 2008, 07:29:36 AM »
I know I'll be pleased.  I love getting seeds.  Thankyou for hosting the seed exchange Barleychown.

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
    • My blog
« Reply #59 on: Feb 08, 2008, 10:36:36 PM »
It was my pleasure. I'll be doing it again next winter, so for all that missed it this year...this is your warning! Save your seeds this year. :banana02:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #60 on: Feb 10, 2008, 07:29:04 AM »
lol that sounds good to me.  I really enjoy a good seed swap.  Now I just have to figure out where I'm going to store my new seeds.  I'm completely out of space in my seed drawer.

christy

« Reply #61 on: Feb 11, 2008, 03:05:47 PM »
 :Yahoo:  i got my seeds today sarah!! thank you so much!!  :Glee:  :Glee:  i know you sent me back more than i sent in!  :grinnnn:  that was so sweet thank you!   :grinnnn:

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #62 on: Feb 11, 2008, 04:45:16 PM »
 :Glee:  I got my seeds today.  I hadn't been keeping up on the topic very well and kinda forgot about it.  When I saw the envie in the mailbox I immediately started trying to figure out who I mailed seeds to that was being returned for either bad addy or not enough postage!!  Thanks for all the seeds, I'll be sharing several with my sis! :9536:

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
    • My blog
« Reply #63 on: Feb 12, 2008, 07:59:53 PM »
I wanted to let you swappers know that I have shared some of the seeds that were sent in with a lady that loves hollyhocks, but can never get them to grow, due to deer. With these seeds, and a little chicken wire, she just may get to enjoy a few blooms this year! :Yahoo:

Thank you to those who participated. It sure was fun! :BigGrin:

Offline Patty S

« Reply #64 on: Feb 12, 2008, 09:01:34 PM »
Sarah, I don't mean to hijack the topic here, but I thought I heard that Hollyhocks don't bloom the first year. :dunno: I have one in my veggie garden that the birds must have planted last year, & it didn't flower at all, although it got about 2 feet tall.

That's what I told Dianna was a watermelon last spring, cuz that's what the marker next to it said! :Blush: I did plant a watermelon seed in that spot, but don't know what happened to it. :ScratchHead:
Maybe the birds do seed swaps too! :grinnnn:

Maybe I should put this in the Synchronicity thread, cuz it's so weird that while I was weeding the veggie garden this afternoon, I was thinking about asking somewhere, if Hollyhocks are deerproof! :nutz: I love it when people answer my questions before I ask them! :BigGrin:  I'd like to get the Hollyhock out of the veggie garden this year... I don't have the space in there for flowers, other than marigolds & things like that, that are part of my companion planting.

« Last Edit: Feb 12, 2008, 09:14:36 PM by Patty S »

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #65 on: Feb 12, 2008, 09:46:20 PM »
Sarah, I got my seeds and oh boy oh boy were you generous.  I am excited about the HUGE stash I now have and cannot wait to catalog them all and figure out what is going to go where.  My garden is gonna be way cool this year!

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

christy

« Reply #66 on: Feb 12, 2008, 11:21:41 PM »
 :clap:  every ones seeds are commin in. im glad your doing this next year too sarah! ive been making packets so i can save them as i go instead of waiting. also if the dogs n cats knock em over they wont get scatterd   :rolleyes1:
i got mine cataloged the same day i got em, couldnt help it,  :grinnnn: its like opening a christmas present.
yep hollyhocks are bieannuals, but once they get going they'll bloom every year,  if ya let them reseed them selfs,  they'll grow new foliage that fall n bloom the next summer  :ThumbUp:  i have some n when they get seeds i use the claw n loosen up the top soil so the seeds can bury in it better.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #67 on: Feb 13, 2008, 06:44:39 AM »
I got my seeds and spent last evening reorganizing my seed drawers.  I'm still not completely finished but once I am I'll have seeds to trade again.

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #68 on: Feb 23, 2008, 10:44:28 AM »
I got my seeds yesturday too Sarah, and OMG there is a bunch in there, including some that i wanted to buy this year......thanks so much and i am gonna start planting this weekend!@!!!!

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #69 on: Feb 25, 2008, 06:46:56 AM »
I'm looking forward to finding a place and getting moved.  At least I'll be able to do some summer planting.  In pots, if the soil isn't in good condition.  I love celosia and I direct seed that so I'll have something pretty in my garden this year if all goes well.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal