Author Topic: Blackberry lilies  (Read 2440 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Blackberry lilies
« on: Nov 17, 2007, 07:56:15 AM »
My two year old blackberry lilies are done for the year.  Now my question is are they biennials and are basically dead now or does it just take them two years to bloom and they will continue to come up and bloom in the following years.  I don't want to try to move plants that are dead and won't return.  I always feel so silly when I do things like that.

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
Re: Blackberry lilies
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2007, 08:03:04 AM »
Mine keep coming up. But, I know they will reseed themselves and I never moved mine so I couldn't tell you if its still my original plants or if they've re-seeded themselves and its new ones blooming. I think, though that they are perennials that just take 2 years before their first bloom. Can't swear to it tho'.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2007, 07:27:47 AM »
Sounds like I'd better find a pot for them.  Wow moving is going to be an adventure.  Thanks for the info wrennie.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #3 on: Sep 20, 2009, 12:37:20 PM »
Well some of the blackberry lilies got separated and transplanted this year.  I still have a bunch to go but at least I got a start.  So now there is one continuous row of blackberry lilies along the side of the house.  I get so excited with every little bit I get done.

I have an entire jar full of the seed that I want to plant near the fence.  But that's for another day.  I probably have enough to do to keep me busy all fall.  Woohoo.  Anyone else like blackberry lilies?

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: Sep 22, 2009, 10:22:13 AM »
I really like them, but can't imagine how awesome a whole hedge of them must look...way to go!
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #5 on: Sep 22, 2009, 11:03:46 AM »
I wish they bloomed for a longer stretch of time but it will be nice while they are blooming.  I still have plenty of seeds if you want to start your own hedge.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal