Author Topic: Woohoo a new catalog  (Read 7025 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Woohoo a new catalog
« on: Nov 24, 2007, 09:02:45 AM »
I've never gotten a pinetree garden seed catalog before and I'm so excited.

They seem to have an extensive veggie seed selection including Purple Kohlrabi, bicolor super sweet corn, the colorful chards, a number of gords I've never seen before, leeks I love leek soup, rose heart radishes, great herb and dye section woohoo, cover crops and mushrooms, so many great things.  someone please tell me they are a reputable dealer.

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
Re: Woohoo a new catalog
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2007, 09:05:07 AM »
oooooh, I love Pinetree garden seeds. I've gotten orders from them before. Theyre very good.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2007, 08:28:23 PM »
I just googled Pinetree garden seeds. I like the soap making kits they have for kids.
This is me ->?

Offline patches

« Reply #3 on: Nov 25, 2007, 08:51:07 PM »
I've never even heard of Pinetree Seeds.  :ScratchHead:  Since I'm really not much of a seed person, I'm just wondering if the have any other gardening things in there (e.g. rooting hormone, tools, etc.)?  :unsure:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2007, 12:47:25 PM »
They have everything! Bulbs for spring or summer planting. Books on gardening, soap making supplies.
Here is their site; take a look.
www.superseeds.com

I looked, they do have Rootone rooting hormone.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline patches

« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2007, 02:26:36 PM »
Thanks, Wrennie!   :thx:  I just went to the site and requested a catalog.  It looks like they have a lot of interesting things there.  ;) 
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #6 on: Nov 27, 2007, 09:50:27 AM »
I'm interested in the soap making too.  I love things like that.  I'm just a kid at heart.

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 27, 2007, 09:51:49 AM »
Looks like a great catalogue Wren, but they dont ship to Canada,.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #8 on: Nov 27, 2007, 09:57:20 AM »
Hey Penny,

Where there is a will there is a way.  I'm sure we could figure out something.  Order it and have it shipped somewhere in the states and then shipped to you.

I wonder if you could get a box at a "Mailbox Ect." place and have your deliveries forwarded to you.  Hummmmmmmmmmmm. 

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 27, 2007, 10:07:30 AM »
Good idea....have seen their catalogue before or if you order, that will be your first time Duh?

Offline patches

« Reply #10 on: Nov 27, 2007, 11:12:23 AM »
Where there's a will, there's a way, Penny!   ;)  I've found there's always a back door!  :ThumbUp:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #11 on: Nov 29, 2007, 07:09:39 AM »
It would be my first order from them I think.  Again I'd have to check my journal to be sure.  I've either ordered from them before or I have gotten on someone's mailing list some other way lol.  It's hard to tell.  But, it looks like it is a good thing.

If I do decide to order I'll let you know and we can combine orders and I'll send yours to you.

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 05, 2007, 03:30:28 PM »
I've discovered that Parks sells your info to everyone on the planet, Duh, so maybe that is how you got on the Pinetree mailing list?  I haven't ordered from pinetree but they seem to have real good prices and seeds that I like.  Let me know if you order from them and how everything does!

Offline patches

« Reply #13 on: Dec 05, 2007, 06:20:07 PM »
Well, I finally got my catalog from Pinetree Garden Seeds yesterday and they've got serveral interesting things in there, but, I'm really interested in the stepping stone molds.   ;)
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2007, 06:23:41 PM by patches »

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #14 on: Dec 06, 2007, 06:59:44 AM »
I like the idea of those too.  If I get a place with a yard.

Offline patches

« Reply #15 on: Dec 07, 2007, 12:28:26 AM »
Have you ever used these, Duh?  ???  Some years ago, I had a friend who made some of these, but she moved away and we lost contact a few years ago when she got divorced.   :SmileyFit: I was just wondering how hard it is to do!   :ScratchHead:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #16 on: Dec 07, 2007, 11:00:34 AM »
i've seen the kits for them but I've never bought one because I didn't really have a good reason for the purchase.  You know money being tight and all.  But they look pretty easy. 

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #17 on: Dec 07, 2007, 02:47:06 PM »
My friend has made them. She said they were very easy to do. She used a big foamy stamp and impressed a dragonfly in mine with glass 'stones' and mirror bits. Then she put in a penny that  was the same yeare she made it.

Offline patches

« Reply #18 on: Dec 07, 2007, 07:18:41 PM »
Hey, Wrennie, that's sounds so cool, very personal and unique!!!  :Cool1: I don't know what a big foamy stamp is, but I'm only interested in making some plain and smiple stepping stones without any fancy trimmings. :smileyNo:
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2007, 07:20:50 PM by patches »

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #19 on: Dec 09, 2007, 11:31:44 AM »
Can't you just dig a hole the shape of the stepping stone you want and then pour in the portland cement or quickcrete and let it dry then pry it out if you don't want to do anything special.  Their about 2 inches thick right?

oh you might want to put a garbage bag in the hole to line it so it doesn't pick up any dirt.

Offline patches

« Reply #20 on: Dec 09, 2007, 04:49:49 PM »
Well, Duh, I guess I could do that if I just wanted a plain stepping stone, but I was really interested in the Quarter Round Cobblestone mold (H218).  Geesh, there's no way I would be able to duplicate that one.   :smileyNo:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #21 on: Dec 10, 2007, 09:48:38 AM »
Oh, sorry.  I thought you just wanted a plain one.  I like odd shaped ones or ones that are make to look like shale.  They even have die for the concrete so you can have many choices of nature colors.

Offline patches

« Reply #22 on: Dec 10, 2007, 12:19:10 PM »
Duh, I like the odd-shaped ones too because they look a little more natural, but I was interested in these so I could put them around a bird bath.   :wink5:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #23 on: Dec 11, 2007, 07:45:47 AM »
That sounds like a cool idea.  What kind of bird bath is it?

Offline patches

« Reply #24 on: Dec 11, 2007, 11:34:49 PM »
Right now, Duh, I have six birdbaths currently in place and one still in the garage.  Actually, the one I want to do this for is a small, short, concrete one that both the birds and critters can use.   :wink5:
« Last Edit: Dec 11, 2007, 11:36:44 PM by patches »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal