Author Topic: Woohoo a new catalog  (Read 7026 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: Woohoo a new catalog
« Reply #25 on: Dec 13, 2007, 10:29:13 AM »
That sounds nice.  I love watching the critters going about their daily chores.  They are so cute.

Offline patches

« Reply #26 on: Dec 13, 2007, 04:15:36 PM »
Yesh, Duh, I do too!  :wink5:  Although some of them will raid my birdfeeders and can be destructive to them, I still love watching them and their antics.  :yesssss:  I figure it's a trade off and the price I have to pay for all the enjoyment they give me.   :Whis:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #27 on: Dec 14, 2007, 10:43:58 AM »
So true.  When I lived in Bremerton I had one part of the yard for the blue jays, squirrels and big birds with peanuts,  A place for the smaller birds with small seeds, and a place for the hummingbirds and their feeders. 

Offline patches

« Reply #28 on: Dec 14, 2007, 05:57:33 PM »
Well, if you were actually able to make it work for you Duh, that's great!  :ThumbUp: Unfortunately, my squirrels seem to think they own all the feeders, trees, and the entire yard. :Vent: Of course, one time this tiny, mother Wren really asserted herself and sent one of the squirrels running for cover, and I got to see it all! :rofl1: :laugh1: It made my day!!! :Yahoo:
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2007, 06:06:52 PM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #29 on: Dec 14, 2007, 06:16:08 PM »
I have no idea why they were all so polite and respected everyone else's boundries but that's how it worked there.  Maybe because the people before us didn't feed them so they didn't know where everything was yet. 

But the yard was full of the correct nesting and food plants to make it very bird and critter friendly.  So maybe it was the abundance that made them all so friendly.

Offline patches

« Reply #30 on: Jan 23, 2008, 01:21:58 AM »
Well, I got my Heronswood catalog today and they have some really different and  unique plants in there.  :yikes:  They also have a very nice selection of Helleborus, but I guess I'm still a little leary because my track record with the Lenten Rose has been less than favorable. :smileyNo:  I tried them twice and lost them both times. :crying:  Actually, the one I fell in love with was Helleborus 'Phoebe', which has double pink blooms, but at $19.95 plus shipping, I think I'll have to pass on it.  :SmileyFit:   
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2008, 01:23:29 AM by patches »

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #31 on: Jan 23, 2008, 07:48:02 AM »
I don't get that catalog anymore.  Do they still have the arabian jasmine in it?  someday I'm going to have that.  Or at least that's the plan lol.

Offline patches

« Reply #32 on: Jan 23, 2008, 02:48:20 PM »
Geesh, Duh, I don't know, :dunno:  I'll have to check when I get home.  I would love to have some Jasmine because the scent is heavenly, :Wow:  but it isn't hardy for our zone.  :SmileyFit:  My friend sold it when she had her Garden Shop, so I would always go over and smell it every chance I got. :yesssss: Of course, I did the same thing with the Gardenias.  ;)
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2008, 02:50:29 PM by patches »

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #33 on: Jan 25, 2008, 06:49:09 PM »
Yes it would be an indoor plant for me too.  Fortunately it likes shade so it should make a perfect houseplant.  At least that's the plan I have.  I'm going to do one of those mini-indoor gardens when I get my place.  Hopefully incorporating my table fountain into it.  I have such plans.  I hope I can pull it off.

Offline patches

« Reply #34 on: Jan 26, 2008, 12:02:22 AM »
Well, Duh, I don't know what the Arabian Jasmine is like, :dunno: but the one my friend was selling was like a vining plant and had to be supported on a trellis, so it would not have worked as an indoor plant for me.  :smileyNo: 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #35 on: Jan 30, 2008, 12:16:27 PM »
Yes it is a vine.  And for me that is exactly what I want.  If my peacock shelf moves safely and I get a newer used computer I'll snap a picture of it.  My hope is that The vine will drape over the shelf at each end and casscade into the indoor garden that I'm hoping to create.  It will be a fantastic focal point for the livingroom.  Or at least I hope it will if everything works out all right.

Offline patches

« Reply #36 on: Jan 31, 2008, 09:33:59 PM »
Well, Duh, that would be really great cool and the smell would be awesome,  :yesssss:  but I just don't have any place were I could grow something like that in my house.   :SmileyFit:
« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2008, 09:41:33 PM by patches »

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #37 on: Feb 01, 2008, 08:03:04 AM »
I understand.  I may not have the space either.  But I keep daydreaming lol.

Offline patches

« Reply #38 on: Feb 01, 2008, 09:05:33 PM »
Well, I got my Wayside  :banana02:  catalog today and what a breath of spring when you're all cooped up in the house after a major snowstorm!   :SmileyFit:  Of course, after looking outside today, it's kinda hard to imagine what flowers are going to look like out there when all you can see is white!!!   :unsure:   

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #39 on: Feb 02, 2008, 08:16:56 AM »
lol ouchie.  Major snow storm huh?  I like the Wayside catalog it's a good one.  I don't think I get that one anymore.  At least I haven't seen it so far this year.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal