Author Topic: Sad Day!!!  (Read 4150 times)

Offline patches

Sad Day!!!
« on: Dec 14, 2007, 12:49:58 AM »
Well, I don't know how many of you were following the report issued today by by Senate Majority Leader George Mitchell, but it's a sad day for baseball!   :crying:

I was able to see most of it because the exam schedule left my afternoon free until 4:00.  of course, the good thing about the investigaton is that there are going to some positive changes with regard to how to stay on top of the drug use by baseball players.  Fortunatly, none of my favorite Cardinal players were on the list.   :yesssss: 
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2007, 01:03:05 AM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
Re: Sad Day!!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2007, 03:19:59 PM »
I caught that last night Patti and it is so sad.  So many heroes that children look up to and they are hurting themselves so badly with their drug use.  I hope all of the major sports leagues crack down hard on these men and women who are abusing drugs. 

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline patches

« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2007, 05:33:05 PM »
Well, the whole hero thing is the saddest part, Triss!  :Crybaby2:  These are people that our young children look up to and they are setting a terrible example.   :SmileyFit:   :Vent:

Of course, one name that didn't even surprise me or upset me was John Rocker.  :smileyNo: In my mind, his attitude and his comments were a big disgrace to baseball.  :thpullhairout: 
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2007, 12:22:20 AM »
We really do not follow baseball a whole lot but in general drugs and professional sports have gotten totally out of control.  My kids know my stand on this and I never pull a punch when I talk to them about it and how I feel about the whole situation.  I can only pray that they all follow a path that will keep them far away from drugs.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline jv

• Love animals and gardening
    • Jimmy the Critter Keeper
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2007, 07:38:54 AM »
One thing that has me confused is when this first came out Sammy Sossa was on it which no body was surprised by but the next day his name was nowhere to be found at least on any of the area media reports .  Congress is going to look into this I thought the defunct Congress had a country they are supposed to argue about and try to pass at least one bill before their term expires. Just my opinion.
Wonder why Ted Kennedy's name wasn't on the list anyone seen his head lately  :rofl1:one thing the players need to under stand don't lie to congress they (both parties) don't like anyone  that can out lie and cover up better then they do. :laughmao:

Offline patches

« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2007, 12:08:39 PM »
Hey Jimmy, I've been waiting for you to pop in here.  :wink5:  Glad you made it!  :yesssss: Geesh, I don't know about Sammy Sosa or a lot of the other players names I first heard tossed about when this story first broke.  :unsure:  Perhaps it was just a lot of speculation or guessing, but I don't know!   :dunno:  Of course, there's been a ton of discussion about what's going to happen to the record books because of this, which brings to mind, Mark Mcguire!!!   :ScratchHead:

Offline jv

« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2007, 02:42:21 PM »
Yep Mark also has about 10 we were talking about yesterday looked like they were on Steroids that did are do play for the Rangers can't think of their names now. As bad as the Rangers play the steroids were probably needed by all of them  :laughmao: :laughmao:  just joking. I bet Bud does very little if anything to correct this problem.

Offline patches

« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2007, 03:32:20 PM »
Well, you're probably right about Selig, Jimmy, but I think he needs to see the whole picture, since I believe the integrity of baseball is on the line here.   :wink5:  Those players shamed the game and all their teammates too! :SmileyFit: I just find the whole stiuation very sad and feel cheated as a fan.  :Vent:

Offline jv

« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2007, 04:30:07 PM »
We were all cheated and lied to as fans. :Groaner:  Players nor the owners care. Seems like all the owners care about is how many rear ends they can get in a seat. Will be a lot less now at least for a while.All the players seem to care about is the highly inflated salary they are all paid.  :Whack:

Offline patches

« Reply #9 on: Dec 15, 2007, 06:19:21 PM »
Last night, I was watching Donnybrook, where they have some local personalities (e.g. editors, newcasters, radio host, etc.) engage in discussions/debates over local, national & world issues.  They were discussing how if all the fans withdrew their support by not buying tickets, perhaps THEN something would be done! :yesssss: You have to hit them where it hurts!!!    :ThumbUp:
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2007, 06:22:51 PM by patches »

Offline jv

« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2007, 06:51:30 PM »
That is all they well ever listen to. I better lay back down back and leg hurting pretty bad again.

Offline patches

« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2007, 11:56:29 PM »
Yep, it's always the almighty dollar (or lack of it) that gets things done!!!  :wink5: It will be interesting to see how things shape up when spring training starts.  :ScratchHead:  Hey Jimmy, you better take care of yourself and that's an order!   :yesssss:  I'm sending some prayers your way and hope your back and legs are better by tomorrow.   :pray:

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 18, 2007, 09:43:47 AM »
I dont really follow baseball, even though we have the Bluejays here, but i was glad to see that Andy Pettite stepped up and admitted to the fact that he did take them, now if only the rest would follow suit!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal