Author Topic: How's Your Weather #3  (Read 30078 times)

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
Re: How's Your Weather #3
« Reply #50 on: Jan 06, 2008, 08:49:04 AM »
You know its been cold when you get up in the morning, go outside and think yay it's warm out, look at the thermometer and see34* is whats feeling warm! :yikes:

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline jv

• Love animals and gardening
    • Jimmy the Critter Keeper
« Reply #51 on: Jan 06, 2008, 09:18:10 AM »
Yesterday got to 77 overnight lows was 55 today projected high 8o or above. They can't seem to decide what they think their computer says. I am so glad it is winter hate thinking about this summer :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #52 on: Jan 06, 2008, 10:27:10 AM »
I prefer winter weather too, Jimmy. But my bones don't and my bones are ruling me right now.
We had torrential rains overnight. More to come today and tonight it might turn to snow. If it is snowy slushy roads in the morning, I am not driving Ted to school. 
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

pharmerlaura

« Reply #53 on: Jan 06, 2008, 12:08:59 PM »
Been stuck in the fog here the last 2 days. Temps are in the upper 30's so that is o.k.. We still have green grass under the melted snow.

Offline patches

« Reply #54 on: Jan 06, 2008, 04:09:31 PM »
Well, can you believe it got up to 74 degrees here today. It's beautiful and  I've been outside enjoying the spring weather.   :Glee:  I don't ever remember having weather like this in January;  of course, next week may be an entirely different story.  At least, this will help take a little edge off the power bill.   :yesssss: 

Geesh, Jimmy and Tina, guess we're cut from a different mold because I don't like the cold temperatures and love the warm weather.  :wink5:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #55 on: Jan 07, 2008, 12:29:42 PM »
It is mostly cloudy here, the sunshine weakly slipping through the high wispy clouds.  I think it is supposed to get up to the 50's today, which will be a pleasant deviation from the norm.  It was in the 50's yesterday, so we took the girls out to run off some energy while we raked up about ten thousand little broken branches and pulled them out of the ground as well.  On the plus side, out front yard is all cleaned up, minus the humongous pile of branches.  Do not look at my backyard.

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #56 on: Jan 07, 2008, 03:46:55 PM »
A lil sun here today but not too much.  More rain in the forecast and lil flurries of snow.  Won't be enough to stick but as always it is pretty to watch falling.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline patches

« Reply #57 on: Jan 08, 2008, 12:50:30 AM »
It was nice out today, and it got up to the mid-70's.  :yay_jump:  Well, now I guess it's payback time.  :yikes:  There are tornado warnings and watches all around us here tonight.  :SmileyFear: On the 10:00 news, they said that three people were killed by a tornado in Missouri somewhere southwest of us, :crying: but don't know any details yet.  The forecast is for strong storms and wind tonight, and we are under a tornado watch until 5:00 am.   :scaredy:  Say some prayers that it goes around us and that there are no more deaths or injuries from these storms.   :pray:
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2008, 12:54:55 AM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #58 on: Jan 08, 2008, 10:50:55 AM »
It's snowing out right now.  Guess the weatherman was wrong when he forecasted another day of low 50's.  I doubt any of it will last long thanks to the warm temps the past few days but it sure is pretty too look at. 

biita

« Reply #59 on: Jan 08, 2008, 12:01:56 PM »
Well we still don't have any snow, just a dusting we got yesterday... thought it was going to snow, started to snow but stopped.  Its just cold,, an i mean cold,, over here its what is called booger freezing weather,,, take a breath an your frozen to your brain. (sorry to be gross, its the brain freeze)

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #60 on: Jan 08, 2008, 12:20:15 PM »
Ok.......we went from this the week of Christmas .....and one more ................to this, taken today at 12pm

...we have had rain no stop for the past 3 days here  :SmileyNailbiting: :SmileyNailbiting: :SmileyNailbiting:....and note that the 2nd and the 4th pic are in the same spot!!! :yikes: :yikes:

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #61 on: Jan 08, 2008, 12:42:06 PM »
Wow thats a big difference! Alot of ours melted from the warm weather but we still have alot. No rain here either.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

christy

« Reply #62 on: Jan 08, 2008, 12:47:07 PM »
 :Glee: feels like spring here! snows gone, muds drin up, i wanna plant somthing!!  says 48* but fels warmer  :grinnnn:

:Wow: thats a huge diffrence! 
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2008, 12:49:20 PM by christy »

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #63 on: Jan 08, 2008, 12:49:25 PM »
 :laughmao: Its 53 here today and the last thing that Brad said to me as he was leaving this morning...............NO raking the lawn  :Whis: :Whis: :laughmao: :laughmao: :laughmao:.....he knows me well  :grinnnn: :grinnnn: :grinnnn: :grinnnn:

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #64 on: Jan 08, 2008, 12:57:50 PM »
Doesnt raking now just yank up the grass by the roots? :unsure:

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #65 on: Jan 08, 2008, 01:01:36 PM »
Doesnt raking now just yank up the grass by the roots? :unsure:

Dunno, probably, i just hate that it looks soooooo yucky out there!!

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #66 on: Jan 08, 2008, 01:12:53 PM »
OK heres my yard now. Notice across the street the whole flat yard is still covered.
 *broken link removed*
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2008, 08:52:49 PM by barleychown »

Offline patches

« Reply #67 on: Jan 08, 2008, 05:07:59 PM »
Doesnt raking now just yank up the grass by the roots?

Yep, that will do it, especially when the ground is so wet.  :SmileyFit:

Last night, we got lots and lots of rain and some strong winds here, but there was no real damage. :happy: A few trash cans were tossed about in some of the yards here. Right now, it's 60 degrees with light showers and some wind, but I have my windows open and it feels so good to get some fresh air in the house. ;) Tonight it's supposed to get down to freezing.  :yikes:
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2008, 05:09:42 PM by patches »

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #68 on: Jan 08, 2008, 10:48:39 PM »
The tornadoes are not anywhere near you, Patti? I thought a couple were in Ill?
It is still cool here, mid 60's. And sprinkles tonight. But we will be warming up the rest of the week. That is good except for  the wind.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline patches

« Reply #69 on: Jan 09, 2008, 04:57:21 AM »
No, Tina, they really weren't near here, :smileyNo: but we did get a lot of wind and quite a bit of rain.  About 1-1/2" inches in our area, but there were some places that got up to 3-1/2".  Actually, I didn't hear of any tornados in Illinois, but I missed the news tonight.  The ones that hit Missouri aren't that close to here, although we did get part of the same storms.  :scaredy:

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #70 on: Jan 09, 2008, 08:52:04 AM »
Its raining here again, my grass is back to green, i have buds coming up in my gardens and the winds are wicked here today!!!

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #71 on: Jan 09, 2008, 12:26:23 PM »
Major change for you Penny.  The sun is out this morning, a bit of a break from the clouds and rain and a sanity break for those of us who need the sun to stay happy.  I sure enjoy these mornings and keep popping outside just to bask in the sunshine.  I know it will not last all that long.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Tonya

« Reply #72 on: Jan 10, 2008, 08:49:43 AM »
It is cloudy, rainy, but warm out here. 60* at 7am! I can deal with that in January! :clap:

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #73 on: Jan 10, 2008, 09:04:51 AM »
Today is cold, clear and the sun is out, no rain, first day since last Saturday with no rain!!

Offline patches

« Reply #74 on: Jan 11, 2008, 03:40:10 AM »
We've been holding our own here with temperatures in the mid-40's with the nighttime temps around freezing.  Sure can't complain for the 10th of January in the midwest. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal