Author Topic: Lucky bamboo care questions  (Read 2153 times)

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
Lucky bamboo care questions
« on: Dec 26, 2007, 08:40:01 AM »
My brother got his wife a lucky bamboo plant for Christmas. Her dad had given her one a few years ago and it died. I've never had one and have no idea of what species it is or the proper care, light and water requirements. He said it is planted in gravel. :unsure:
 :help:

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

MassMama

Re: Lucky bamboo care questions
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2007, 09:30:09 AM »
I have had one for 2 years and just keep it filled with water clean out the container every so offen and put some fertalizer in once in a while and it has been fine.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2007, 08:18:46 AM »
I had often wanted a lucky bamboo plant, but then I moved to an area where the bamboo was taking over everything in its' path. :o Whatever you do, don't let it out of its' pot! :)

I have read that they are similar to the plants that eat bugs (brain went blank), in that they like water that is distilled. Rita, do you give yours water straight out of the tap?
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2007, 08:38:10 AM »
I've since learned that lucky bamboo is not a bamboo at all but actually a dracena variety. It can be grown in water or puy in p otting soil, and doesnt like chlorine or fluoride in its water.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

MassMama

« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2007, 01:59:18 PM »
I do give it water right out of the Tap.. I have never had a problem (other than the boys breaking it several times by throwing balls in the house.. )

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal