Author Topic: Evil in Uncles House?  (Read 5778 times)

biita

Evil in Uncles House?
« on: Jan 06, 2008, 05:51:17 AM »
.............or was it just a really mad spirit?  A long time ago way before i came to Norway thats for sure, or before i was born, one of my husbands uncles was out in the field an found a hammer.  Not the little hammers, but a big ol' sledge hammer type. Not a new one but one that they had dated to the early part of the 1700's.  Now this farm was not in the family then.  The man who had the farm then was listed in the church book as a married man who's wife died young, an never remarried.  Well one day Uncle Kalle (who has passed since then, an yes i have spoken to him a few time,, okay many) was working in the field getting ready to plant some veggies in a new field next to the old one.  When digging he came across this hammer.  to make this part shortened he took it home called the local archeologist, because he could tell it was really old.  they dated it an voila, Uncle Kalle had a real antique.  So he took the hammer home an kept it in the basement because it was just so huge an couldn't figure out where he wanted to put it.. One day everyone in the house leaves an goes on an outting to one of the other farms nearby, an when they came home, everything seemed normal, until one of them went downstairs an seen the hammer was off the table an on the floor.  so on the table it got put back.  few days later they hear a huge bang!!!  go running down an theres the hammer on the floor again.  this happens a few more times.  Then one day they was sitting an having dinner when crash, bang an lots of glass shattering can be heard downstairs.  So they all go running down the stairs thinking someone is trying to break in.  what they saw stopped them in their tracks so fast they still couldn't believe what they saw.  Let me explain this here.  There is 2 doors that leads to the outside from the basement in the house, both doors are on one frame.  the inner door is all glass on top, an the outter door is 2 glass panels that run long ways down the door.  The inner door had the glass broke out of it an the glass was all inbetween the doors, so the hitting had to happen from the inside.  The outter door didn't have a scratch on it... an on the floor, you guessed it, the hammer.  So Uncle Kalle took the hammer right there an then an went to the field an reburied it back to the place he found it................... never another broken door since.   The hammer still sits in that field an no one i mean no one will dig it back up.

MassMama

Re: Evil in Uncles House?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2008, 07:19:12 AM »
that is very interesting Biita.. How long has this house been in your family?
boy I guess some people don't like people touching their tools even after they pass.. (I think my dad will be like that)

Offline patches

« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2008, 01:26:21 AM »
Geesh, what an eerie story, Biita!  :scaredy:  Perhaps the evil spirit wasn't really residing in your uncle's house, but that it was attached to the hammer.  Like you suggested, maybe it was just a mad spirit because it didn't want to be taken from it's resting place.  :dunno:  I know that spirits can stay attached to objects that have some kind of significance for them in some way.  I've heard that when some people claim that spirits will follow them whereever they go, but it's been suggested that maybe they have taken an object with them and the spirits are really following the object and staying with it.   :unsure: 
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

biita

« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2008, 06:56:15 AM »
Rita we have 2 houses on the farm here, the surviving Uncle (Tobias) lives in that one an we live in the other older house.  which is also haunted,, i posted a thread on that one too called How many hauntings to haunt a house.  Uncle Tobias's house was built around 1920, ours is estimated to be around 160 yrs old. 

Patches i believe your right, i have heard that too that many spirits are possesive of what was once theirs, an will follow an object because well they believe it still is theirs.  I don't think his house was haunted either by that spirit but i do know the object must have been.  I've never seen it, but i do know where it is buried, Uncle Kalle has a tree planted over it now, that has grown huge. 

Offline patches

« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2008, 07:21:33 AM »
Biita, do both houses experince the same kind of paranormal activity or is it different for each house?   :dunno:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

biita

« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2008, 10:00:08 AM »
its different,, its a few of the same spirits,, i feel Uncle Kalle, an his mother who also come to my home as well. i have seen both of these spirits also so i know them.  in our house they just kind of wander thru, you feel them then their gone, but in his house( Tobias) there is more of a possessiveness,, it used to be their home.  I have gone into Tobias's house looking for him an as soon as i walk in, i have heard,,, he's not here, or what do you want, or come back when he's home.  They aren't being mean just direct.  the possessiveness i was saying.  my home is more just like they are comming to say hi, hows it goin, an pass on thru.  now my house we have Johann, Ingvald, Jenny an a few others that just kind of do their own thing, stay out of the way mostly, but sometimes they will pass me an i feel them,,,these ghosts don't go over to the other house at all,, at least not when i have been there.  Then outside there are the what i call the field ghosts that could be just about anybody,, but i have felt the house ghosts out there also, from both houses.  i know how they feel, almost like a name, you just know who it is once they have made contact with you.  does that make sense......

Offline patches

« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2008, 02:49:16 AM »
Geesh, Biita, you sure do have a lot of ghosts!  :yikes: That's way more than I could ever handle!  I don't think I've ever enountered half that many in my whole life, if that.  :smileyNo: Okay, I've got a question - how do you know their names?  :dunno:  None of mine have ever had names, except for a few that I felt were people I knew and loved, like my dad.  :Whis: 

i know how they feel, almost like a name, you just know who it is once they have made contact with you.  does that make sense......

Yep, kinda, sorta, but I think they were the people I had known at one time.  ;) 

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2008, 08:18:31 AM »
...until one of them went downstairs an seen the hammer was off the table an on the floor.  so on the table it got put back.  few days later they hear a huge bang!!!  go running down an theres the hammer on the floor again.  this happens a few more times.

I believe this was a warning to get Uncle Kalle's attention. Maybe the spirit thought that if it showed your uncle that something was strange about the hammer, that he would return it to where it was found... :o

The inner door had the glass broke out of it an the glass was all inbetween the doors, so the hitting had to happen from the inside.  The outter door didn't have a scratch on it... an on the floor, you guessed it, the hammer.

I am happy that your uncle returned the hammer to its' rightful owner/place. I shudder to think of what could have happened if he didn't heed this stronger warning... :cringe: 

The hammer still sits in that field an no one i mean no one will dig it back up.

Lessons learned the hard way seem to have more impact... :grinnnn:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 2008, 09:10:30 AM »
Wow, i would have been so freaked by that happening, i agree that whomever the hammer belonged too, didnt like the fact that the hammer was in someone else's possession and wanted it returned, i would have done the same thing and buried it again.

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #9 on: Jan 08, 2008, 09:27:22 AM »
Maybe the original owner, whose wife died young died by his hand and that hammer and thats why it was buried in a field, and he didnt want it uncovered.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

biita

« Reply #10 on: Jan 08, 2008, 11:43:06 AM »
Dianna i believe your right it was a warning, to get rid of the hammer or put it back.  but by who,, i'll explain in a moment.

Wrennie, thats intresting to see you wrote that because yesterday i started to wonder about that hammer when i was out walking around the farm.. so when i come back an waited for my husband to come home from work, i had him go over to Uncle Tobias's house with me, (sometimes i don't know certain words in norwegian so i need his help) and we got to asking him if he knew the history of the hammer an the man who lived here then.  Well!! did we learn alot.  I had just heard the story only of how it happened, but now i heard the story of the man who had this farm then,,, i can't write the name here, because there are decendents of his relatives that still live in this area.  But what Uncle told us was this,,, he was a bitter an mean man an only married because he needed a women for the home, no other reason what so ever.  He was violent, an it was a suspicion that she didn't die of natural causes, because remember back in those days, someone died, you just buried them,, no one needed to know anything.  the story passed on said that she just disappeared one day, an was never seen since... so that leaves 2 possiabilities,, she left town, or was dead.  if she is buried on this farm i have never felt it, an no one has ever found a grave.  but there are so many marshes here that have no bottoms,,, so who knows.  but thats what i found out last night.

makes you think hmmmmm,,,,, so who did the warning.... maybe her?

Offline patches

« Reply #11 on: Jan 08, 2008, 09:34:10 PM »
Well, Biita, this certainly adds a little bit of mystery to the story since a lot of ghosts are associted with people who have died a violent or untimely death.  :ScratchHead:

makes you think hmmmmm,,,,, so who did the warning.... maybe her

Well, maybe so, I'm but I still wondering what her purpose would be and what would she hope to gain from it?  :dunno: Guess I'm still stuck on the possiblity that the spirit is attached to the hammer.  :unsure:  You mentioned that the hammer was huge, so I'm thinking that it's doubtful it was used a weapon to kill her, since I'm sure there were plenty of other things handy which could have been used.  :Whis:  I'm just speculating here, it's so hard to know.   

biita

« Reply #12 on: Jan 09, 2008, 08:39:23 PM »
I know what you mean,, since i have never seen the hammer, so i have no idea just how big, all i know is its told that it is really big an heavy.  so who knows,, maybe she was threatened with it, or maybe it was something that he carried around with him,, an she associates fear with that big object,, but i guess we'll never know.  or its him an his possessiveness towards it,, lots to speculate with there,,

Offline patches

« Reply #13 on: Jan 10, 2008, 02:32:16 AM »
You're right, Biita, there's no way of ever knowing,  but it sure is fun and interesting to spectulate.  ;)

Okay, I've got a question - how do you know their names?    None of mine have ever had names,

Hey, Biita, I guess you missed my question in one of the above posts, so I'll ask it  again.  :wink5:

biita

« Reply #14 on: Jan 10, 2008, 06:55:41 AM »
Sometimes they tell me, other times like in the case of Kolbjørns, Uncle Kalle, i seen pics an was told of his personality,, an he looked an fit the descriptions so i asked,, an got a yes.  Other times like in the case of my mother,,, its a feeling an the word pops in my head,, Mom.  another time i seen Kolbjørns grandmother, when i first come to Norway,, like within days of being here.  We were getting into the car, an when i was waiting to open the door, in the window i seen an older woman behind me,, i described, an when we got home, he showed me 2 pics an i pointed to the woman i seen,, it was the grandmother from up here.  Since i had experienced how she feels when she comes near me,, i know its her without seeing her.  i know its bestemor, (on the fathers side, his mother, hubbys grandmother) thats how i know her is by calling her that,, bestemor or grandmother.  if it was mothers side it would be Mormor,,mothers mother.  Other times, i have no idea who they are, an they don't tell me, but i have felt them more than once, or seen more than once,, an i know,, ohhh okay thats the one that was near the sea once,, its the same feeling.  to me thats how i name them.  So that one will become, The Seaman, or Man by the Sea.  the feeling comes then the name will pop in my head,, after i have named them or they have told me or its someone i know.

Offline patches

« Reply #15 on: Jan 11, 2008, 01:35:17 AM »
Geesh, Biita, I don't really ever recall any of my spirits/ghosts telling me their name.  :smileyNo:  Although, I do know the name of a few of them because they're people I knew before they died. ;)  I do seem to know that some of the nameless ones have visited before.  Do this make any sense?  :dunno: 

biita

« Reply #16 on: Jan 12, 2008, 05:30:51 AM »
yes i know what you mean by the nameless ones, their feelings,, not all ghosts tell me their names but i use those familair feelings as names.. 

Offline patches

« Reply #17 on: Jan 12, 2008, 05:42:22 AM »
Yes, I have gotten different feelings or vibes from different ones and that's what makes me think that some of them have come to visit several times.  ;)  Hey, maybe it would help if I tried asking some of them their names!  :dunno:  I have already asked things like, "What do you want?"  "Do you want to tell me something?"  These are similar to some of the questions I have asked of my Dream Spirit Guides.   :Whis:

christy

« Reply #18 on: Jan 14, 2008, 04:20:14 AM »
 :yikes: i woulda been freakin out!! dont blame him for planting a tree over it! good idea, make sure no one digs it up again.  :ThumbUp:

dose sound strange he didnt want enyone havin the hammer n his wife came up missing,, they were use to using big heavy tools back then so its posible,

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal