Author Topic: How's Your Weather #2  (Read 15012 times)

MassMama

Re: How's Your Weather #2
« Reply #75 on: Dec 15, 2007, 07:35:38 AM »
we are all hunkered down waiting for the storm tomarrow.. We are suppose to get a big snow and ice storm as well.. They say possible power outages.. I sure hope we don't lose power it is WAY to cold for that!!

chenno

« Reply #76 on: Dec 15, 2007, 08:07:21 AM »
Hi There Rita

I hope you do not lose power either:-( Our weather is pretty good here about 10 degrees and pretty mild in Wisconsin.I hope your stocked up on the needed things;-) Talk soon and be safe

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #77 on: Dec 15, 2007, 08:39:34 AM »
Today Mostly Cloudy Hi 23°F, Tonight Snow Lo 19°F, Sunday Wintry Mix Hi 31°F, Sunday Night Wintry Mix Lo 21°F, Monday Chance Flurries Hi 28°F

Hazardous Weather Outlook
Winter Storm Watch

:Groaner:  :badmood:

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

MassMama

« Reply #78 on: Dec 15, 2007, 08:39:58 AM »
Hey there Buddy! Well I am way not ready for it and I have to work today .. Hoping to find a few last minute things at CVS Ice melt ect.. I will not be doing much tomarrow.. Except for watchin Keith use the snowblower  :giggle: it is 3 degrees with the windchill..Brr.. But we will be fine .. Keith is getting groceries right now.

Offline Tonya

« Reply #79 on: Dec 15, 2007, 09:06:15 AM »
Sheesh- I hope you all stay safe and warm with all this cold weather and white stuff....

We are supposed to be in the 70s today I think, but in the mid 20's at night next week.

Offline patches

« Reply #80 on: Dec 15, 2007, 01:31:58 PM »
We are suppose to get a big snow and ice storm as well.. They say possible power outages.

Geesh, Rita, I sure hope you don't get the ice and have any power  outages.  They are not fun!!!  :smileyNo:  Stay safe and warm!   

It's warmed up a little bit since this morning and we're at 31 degrees right now. We've got a nice covering of snow on the ground and we're expecting a lot more later this afternoon.  :yikes:
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2007, 01:36:23 PM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline patches

« Reply #81 on: Dec 16, 2007, 12:55:53 AM »
Well, we're in the midst of a full-blown winter storm  :yikes: and it's been snowing since late this afternoon.  They said on the news that many areas got 6-8" and some outlying areas got 10".  The snow was falling about 1-2" per hour and roads are hazardous so they're advising everyone to stay home.  Geesh, you don't have to tell me that twice  :smileyNo:   because I ventured out early this afternoon, between the snowfalls, to go ten blocks to the store and the roads were already bad then!   :SmileyFit:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

MassMama

« Reply #82 on: Dec 16, 2007, 07:42:00 AM »
We are getting our storm.. Boy oh boy is it snowing It is only 14 out right now.
Hoping it does not change to ice like they say.. saying 10-14 inches for us  :yikes:
On top of the 10 we already have
Now they are saying up to 8 inches.. I don't think they even know..
« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2007, 07:49:27 AM by Rita »

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #83 on: Dec 16, 2007, 07:47:33 AM »
We got some snow. The sleet hitting the chimney(metal pipe) woke me around 6. the road is a sheet of ice. The school closings on tv is church closings. Messy messy out there!

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

MassMama

« Reply #84 on: Dec 16, 2007, 07:50:12 AM »
 :Groaner: I sure was hoping the sleet would not come .. Snow is fine with out the ice factor  :Groaner:

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #85 on: Dec 16, 2007, 07:56:31 AM »
It might stay south of you. North of me got 6-15" of snow, no sleet/freezing rain.

MassMama

« Reply #86 on: Dec 16, 2007, 07:59:54 AM »
I hope so we are right on the New Hampshire boarder So it could miss us or hopefully not be quite as bad.. I just don't want to lose power.. Ice is bad for that!

Here is a pic of our storm so far and it is only half way over

Picture removed...
« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2008, 07:59:09 AM by Dianna »

Offline jv

• Love animals and gardening
    • Jimmy the Critter Keeper
« Reply #87 on: Dec 16, 2007, 10:24:52 AM »
Had our first freeze last night low was 28deg. f on my porch thermometer showed 20  when I got up . Supposed to get to 59 today. People North of us must think it is almost hot compared to their temps and weather. Also had first heavy frost last night. Hope everyone stays warm and safe till your weather clears up and warms up.

Offline patches

« Reply #88 on: Dec 17, 2007, 12:42:45 AM »
Well, we got snow!!!  Lots of Snow!!!  :Whis:  Fortunately, it looks like they have lots of the streets cleared for people who have to work tomorrow.  I just went outside and got my taste buds tickled, but managed to take a picture of the bushes in front of my house. :yikes: I don't know how deep it is,  :unsure:  but the snow managed to get in over the tops of my boots!!!   :SmileyFit:

« Last Edit: Dec 17, 2007, 12:55:54 AM by patches »

MassMama

« Reply #89 on: Dec 17, 2007, 07:23:07 AM »
Looks like you got what we got Patti. I am so not happy with all the snow.
We got lucky we didn't get alot of the freezing rain .. The schools are closed on the most part .. I wish it was warmer though it is only 10 and 3 with the wind chill.. Too bad it is too cold to let the boys play outside!

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #90 on: Dec 17, 2007, 07:38:39 AM »
schools are delayed, so far, here. It is about 15* and windy. we got rain back to sleet and finally back to snow last night. I gotta say I love my phantom snowplower whoever he may be.

MassMama

« Reply #91 on: Dec 17, 2007, 07:42:01 AM »
when you find out will ya send him over here? Although he would have to push it to the garage and we need in there  :idea1:

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #92 on: Dec 17, 2007, 07:45:55 AM »
Be glad you have the snowblower anyhow. We still have to shovel some but he moves the heavy pile the town snowplows leave. Yay!

MassMama

« Reply #93 on: Dec 17, 2007, 07:50:47 AM »
Yeah that is the worst part of it .. Its tough even for the snow blower. We had a guy that used to clear it for me.. Wish he was still around.
How much did you end up with?

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #94 on: Dec 17, 2007, 07:56:00 AM »
Its hard to say. There were a few inches of snow before the sleet rain and back to sleet packed it down The picnic table top looks like maybe 12-14". :unsure:

MassMama

« Reply #95 on: Dec 17, 2007, 07:58:52 AM »
The snow is up to the umbrella on my table.
I want spring.. this is a lot of snow for this early in the season  :SlapSelf:

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #96 on: Dec 17, 2007, 08:25:14 AM »
Maybe we will get an early spring this year then, since its snowed so much so early.

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #97 on: Dec 17, 2007, 12:22:52 PM »
Hi all....we have schools closed up here, roads closed and so far over a foot of snow has fallen and its still coming down out there!!

Offline patches

« Reply #98 on: Dec 17, 2007, 03:33:48 PM »
Well, I guess God has a unique way of putting things in perspective because the snow actually looks beautiful to me.  :wink5:  Geesh, after last year, I'm just very thankful that we didn't get any ice or sleet here with this storm.  :yesssss: The city has managed to get all the roads cleared here, but I still may have a little bit of trouble getting out of my driveway.  :yikes:  Fortunately, I really don't have anywhere I need to go today, so it's not a problem.  :smileyNo:     
« Last Edit: Dec 17, 2007, 11:45:51 PM by patches »

Offline Tonya

« Reply #99 on: Dec 18, 2007, 07:13:04 AM »
Woke up to a HEAVY frost and 20* weather today.....MAN-O-MAN is it cold for us here. I know it is not too bad considering what others are dealing with in other places. All my water spiggots outside are frozen and the grass looks soooo pretty all white......

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal