Author Topic: Table top fountains  (Read 2750 times)

Offline Patty S

Table top fountains
« on: Jan 03, 2008, 11:33:04 AM »
Who has a table top fountain? I got one for Christmas & really like it. :clap: I have the wood stove going in the wintertime & during the summer the air is pretty dry here, so I put it on one of the shelves of my china hutch, where I keep my orchids & some of the houseplants.

I used to keep a water dish on the shelves where my plants are, to provide humidity, but this looks much nicer. :grinnnn: I think I'll go out & try to find another one, for the other shelf. :wink5: (The only thing wrong with it is that it's tall, so now it's hard to see the plants! :eek: Maybe when the novelty wears off, I'll put it in the back.)

« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2008, 11:38:07 AM by Patty S »

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
Re: Table top fountains
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2008, 11:35:35 AM »
Thats pretty. And a good idea for the humidity. I dont have one but do like them.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2008, 11:59:36 AM »
How pretty is that Patty, i had bought one intending on me using it, and ended up giving it away  :SlapSelf: :laughmao: :laughmao: :ThumbUp:

Offline Tonya

« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2008, 01:32:54 PM »
Looks great there, Patty!! I had one that I gave away when we moved because I didn't have anywhere to put it. I like yours better.....may have to look for another one! :BigGrin:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2008, 03:07:28 PM »
I like yours a lot better than mine as well.  I have it in a closet right now but will be bringing it back out to put near my new orchid.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2008, 04:00:50 PM »
Pretty fountain, Patty! :ThumbUp:

We have plenty of fountains around here. Justin bought us one last year, and figured he picked a winning gift, so bought us one for this year, too. I put these two in the sunroom to provide some humidity for the plants.

These two are waiting for new pumps, or they would be in the sunroom earning their keep, too...

And this one is not a table-top fountain, but it sits on the hearth in the den to moisten the air for us...

We, also, have two outdoor fountains that are going in memorial gardens, when I get them designed... :grinnnn:

Another thing to help humidify the air around your plants would be to use a humidifier/vaporizer. I had just bought one for the sunroom, but Destiny came down with bronchitis, so I thought she needed it worse than the plants did. I will be buying another soon, though, to help the fountains out!
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2008, 04:56:21 PM »
Nice fountain, Patty. I use to have one, but it splashed water on the table so got rid of it.
This is me ->?

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2008, 09:49:25 AM »
I got one from Sears that only cost 10.00 and the nice thing about it is it can run on batteries or from an outlet.  I like being wireless lol.  Mine has a place for 4 tea light candles and I love the combination of water and fire.  Right now it is packed away waiting for me to find it a place at the new house. 

biita

« Reply #8 on: Jan 05, 2008, 11:29:25 AM »
That is a very nice water fountain,, i love the bamboo look.  The sound of running water is so nice too.  I don't have any table top fountains but i do have the north sea to the left of me an a fjørd in front,, i get alot of running water sound that way,,, ( i also visit the bathroom alot from all the running water sounds....lol.)

Offline Tonya

« Reply #9 on: Jan 05, 2008, 11:48:31 AM »
Dianna- I love all of your fountains!! I think they are so pretty and relaxing! I guess the closest thing I have to a fountain/humidifier is my 2 fish tanks in hte living room. I have to fill them all the time here. Hopefully once we get a few repairs done, I can start getting some nice knick-knacks and fountains to decorate with. Right now we are so cramped with what we have- no need to add to the clutter. :rolleyes1:

christy

« Reply #10 on: Jan 08, 2008, 11:57:08 PM »
love all the foutains!!  i have one! ill have to get a pic.  theres a light inside that shines out the top were the water comes out n a glass ball on top,rolls around on the water.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal