Author Topic: How's Your Weather #4  (Read 16287 times)

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
Re: How's Your Weather #4
« Reply #75 on: Feb 12, 2008, 01:19:15 PM »
If its icy in the morning Marton said he isnt going in. And he has thursday off for his birthday. Wish I could take off and get paid.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline patches

« Reply #76 on: Feb 14, 2008, 02:51:20 AM »
Geesh, it's still cold here!  The temperature is 23 degrees and with the 15 mph winds our wind chill is 10.  :yikes: The roads are clear, but there's still a lot of icy spots on the walks and parking lots, so you have to be very careful when walking.  Last night, when I went to the funeral home, I took a nice spill the parking lot, but this morning everything seems to be working okay.  :yesssss:  Of course, I am still a little sore in spots.  ;)     
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #77 on: Feb 15, 2008, 12:24:49 PM »
Ouch! Be careful Patti!
It was close to 40* here. Then it got windy and feels cooler. Forecast is calling for snow this afternoon.  :eek:

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline patches

« Reply #78 on: Feb 16, 2008, 01:21:45 AM »
Yep, I guess I'm going to have be more careful because today when I woke up I was a little more sore in even more spots than I was yesterday.  :SmileyFit:  It totally caught me off guard.  :shock:

It's 27 degrees right now, so it's not terribly cold outside because there's no wind.   :smileyNo: Tomorrow they are saying we are going to get lots and lots of rain, maybe as much as 2 or 3 inches in some places, but the temeperatures are going to stay above freezing.  Sunday, we may have more snow, but that's okay since I don't have to drive to school until Tuesday.  ;)  Geesh, I can just sit here and enjoy the beauty of it.   :yesssss: 
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #79 on: Feb 16, 2008, 07:52:56 AM »
It's gray, and cold, yuck. Its supposed to warm up to about 25 or 30 today with some sun

Offline patches

« Reply #80 on: Feb 19, 2008, 02:47:28 AM »
Well, it's been pretty cold here all weekend and we got a dusting of snow this morning.  Right now, it's 18 with a wind chill of 5 degrees!     Yesterday, the winds were kicking up around 45 mph, but they have calmed down quite a bit today!   :Whis:  I want SPRING!!!   :yesssss:
« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2008, 05:07:01 AM by patches »

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #81 on: Feb 19, 2008, 10:09:09 AM »
It's going to be 57 today!  and light winds!!  Wooohoooo!! :Glee: :Glee:  The warm weather really gets my green thumb itching though!

christy

« Reply #82 on: Feb 21, 2008, 11:16:17 PM »
 :eek:  its snowing like crazy tonight!   :eek:  tomarrow is more snow n freezin rain!  :scaredy:  :eek:  think ill stay home tomarrow  :ThumbUp:

Offline Tonya

« Reply #83 on: Feb 22, 2008, 07:26:04 AM »
Rain, rain, and more rain here :Crybaby: We need it, but I am sick of gray skies and wet/soggy ground......

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #84 on: Feb 22, 2008, 09:02:48 AM »
***** don't ask *****

Snowing, sideways. We're supposed to have 9" by morning. )at least that isnt the 14, or was it 18 inch storm we got Feb 14th and then again on St Patricks Day lat year!!)

Offline patches

« Reply #85 on: Feb 24, 2008, 05:17:06 AM »
Nasty, lousy, horrible!!!   :yikes:  Late, last Wednesday it started with sleet, freezing rain and snow.  The roads were terrible and all the schools, incuding the college, were closed on Thursday and Friday, so I didn't have to teach, but I couldn't go anywhere either.  :SmileyFit:  I felt like a caged rat!  Today, most of the roads were cleared off, but now it's snowing again, so I don't know what today willl bring.  :dunno:  At least, we didn't lose power, but we did have some problems with the phone off and on.  I'm sure glad I have a cell phone.  :yesssss:   
« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2008, 05:19:11 AM by patches »

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #86 on: Feb 24, 2008, 04:44:43 PM »
I sure wish I was getting some of your snow.  I think we are all done for the year.  It is sunny and cool and feels like spring here.  We never even got a big storm and never got more than a few inches of snow.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline patches

« Reply #87 on: Feb 24, 2008, 08:33:17 PM »
Well, Triss, we got about an additional 1 or 2 inches last night and it was really beautiful.  Of course, the best part was that it warmed up today and melted most of it, so driving was not a problem.  ;)  Tomorrow, it's supposed to warm up even more, but I'm just not sure how much.   :dunno:  I'll have to watch the 10:00 news.     

Offline Tonya

« Reply #88 on: Feb 26, 2008, 01:19:54 PM »
Here's mine...... :Crybaby:

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WILMINGTON NC
1231 PM EST TUE FEB 26 2008

NCZ096-097-099>101-SCZ034-046-261845-
BLADEN-PENDER-COLUMBUS-BRUNSWICK-NEW HANOVER-HORRY-GEORGETOWN-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ELIZABETHTOWN...BURGAW...SURF CITY...
WHITEVILLE...LELAND...SHALLOTTE...WILMINGTON...
WRIGHTSVILLE BEACH...CONWAY...MYRTLE BEACH...GEORGETOWN
1231 PM EST TUE FEB 26 2008

...STRONG THUNDERSTORMS MOVING RAPIDLY EAST...

AT 1230 PM...RADAR INDICATED A LINE OF STRONG THUNDERSTORMS FROM
NEAR ELIZABETHTOWN...SOUTH TO THE GEORGETOWN WILLIAMSBURG COUNTY
BORDER. THESE STORMS WILL MOVE EAST AT 40 MPH...AND WILL REACH THE
SOUTH CAROLINA COAST BY 100 PM...AND THE NORTH CAROLINA COAST
BY 130 PM. THE STORMS HAVE THE POTENTIAL FOR DAMAGING WINDS.
RAINFALL WILL BE VERY HEAVY...WITH A HALF INCH OF RAINFALL
POSSIBLE IN 10 MINUTES.

:yikes: :yikes: I think I need to build an ark!!!

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #89 on: Feb 26, 2008, 01:25:13 PM »
Yikes! thats alotta rain!
I'm getting snow, snow, snow ........
Periods of rain and snow. High near 36. Southeast wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Tonight: Periods of rain and snow, becoming all snow after 8pm. Low around 24. North wind between 6 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Wednesday: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 28. West wind between 15 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Offline patches

« Reply #90 on: Feb 26, 2008, 03:18:06 PM »
It's at about freezing here, and I had to drive to school in a snowstorm.  :SmileyFit:  Driving really wasn't bad, but I don't know what it will be like when I get out.   :unsure:

Offline Patty S

« Reply #91 on: Feb 26, 2008, 04:40:02 PM »
I suppose I should be suffering from survivor guilt... but I don't have time! :Whis: For the second day running it's 59° here, & I'm busy tuning up my "spring muscles" by bending, lifting, shoveling, raking, tamping & planting. :Glee: 

I've uncovered all the plants that were tucked away for winter, & see that there's LOTS of work cut out for me! The forecast says that we might get some sprinkles tomorrow... which might turn out just right, cuz I'll need to nurse my sore body while God dampens all the stuff I'm moving around out there.

Break time is over now. :wavey:
                 Keep your eye on the prize!

« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2008, 04:54:43 PM by Patty S »

MassMama

« Reply #92 on: Feb 26, 2008, 06:03:17 PM »
 :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: SNOW!!! I am sick of SNOW!! It was suppose to be mostly RAIN and its SNOW not one drop of rain!!  :SmileyFit: :SmileyFit: :SmileyFit: :SmileyFit: :SmileyFit: :SmileyFit: :SmileyFit: :SmileyFit:

christy

« Reply #93 on: Feb 26, 2008, 09:35:39 PM »
 :waiting:  snow n freezin rain again!  there were wrecks on the highway commin home, someone ended up clear in the medium  :shock:  :scaredy:  we got home ok, but im sure tierd of the freezin rain mixed with snow  :razberry:

Offline patches

« Reply #94 on: Feb 27, 2008, 12:09:13 AM »
I suppose I should be suffering from survivor guilt... 

Yep, Patty, that would be very nice or maybe some sympathy guilt!!!  ;)  I turned on the weather when I got home only to find out the temperature is 26 degrees and with the wind at 18 mph, the wind chill is 13.   He also said tonight there is going to be some "unknown precipitation"!!!  :ScratchHead:  Well, that's a new one on me, since I've never heard them use that terminology before, so I looked outside and there's some more of that fluffy, white stuff coming down and blowing all over the place.   :SmileyFit:  Hmmm, I think maybe I should consider changing careers and become a weatherperson (is that politically correct)?   :dunno:  I don't know were this weatherman went to school, but what I saw coming down has always been called snow around here.  :rofl1:  :laugh1:
« Last Edit: Feb 27, 2008, 12:19:55 AM by patches »

christy

« Reply #95 on: Feb 27, 2008, 03:57:56 PM »
 :rofl1:  unknown  precipitation  :rofl1:   we got that fluffy stuff commin down all day today, least no freezin rain today  :ThumbUp:  sofar  :SmileyNailbiting:

pharmerlaura

« Reply #96 on: Feb 27, 2008, 06:33:37 PM »
25° here. Had the wind not been blowing today would have felt really warm.

Offline patches

« Reply #97 on: Feb 28, 2008, 12:43:34 AM »
Well, all the snow we got last night was gone by mid-afternoon.   :Yahoo:  But it's still cold here with the temperature now at 24 degrees.  We have some showers predicted for tomorrow but it's supposed to stay above freezing, so I won't have to worry about driving to school!  ;) 

Offline patches

« Reply #98 on: Feb 28, 2008, 12:49:16 AM »
Well, since this one was getting kinda short on pages and the day is almost over, I  opened another for tomorrow!  ;)  Goodnight and sleep tight!    :sleep:

:thclosed:    * * * * * * * * * * * *  CLOSED!!!  * * * * * * * * * * * *   :thclosed:
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2008, 12:51:54 AM by patches »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal