Author Topic: Homemade Ornaments  (Read 18944 times)

Offline Patty S

Re: Homemade Ornaments
« Reply #50 on: Jan 12, 2008, 12:44:32 AM »
I used to make ornaments every year for the grandparents, with pics inside each side of "flash cubes" (since I have 4 kids, & flash cubes had 4 sides... plus, the "top" made a 5th side, for a pic of Keith & I). :goofy: While thinning things out in her storage unit, my Mom recently offered to give me all the ornaments we've made for her over the years, & I should have remembered to get them when we were in Seattle a few weeks ago. :Groaner:

Guess what?! Yesterday I got a package in the mail from my Mom, with all the ornaments we made at school or in scouts, when we were kids! :yesssss:

I think that my sister crocheted the Santa... & she probably made the little bootie stocking, too. You can probably tell that the candle ornaments were made with that "plastic canvas", & the wreath was made from colored pipe cleaners & beads. The gold thing (that might not show very well) is a painted walnut that hangs from a green ribbon.

And, she also sent a couple of my flash cube ornaments. :grinnnn:  The one on the left is from 1977 (Dave's & LaRelle's pics showing), & the one on the right has itty bitty glittered pine cones inside it.

I know it's January, but I think I'd forget where these pics are, if I waited until next Christmas to post them. :nutz: Besides, when you're into making homemade Christmas ornaments, it's an "any time" project... especially when the kids need something to do on a rainy day.

christy

Re: Homemade Ornaments
« Reply #51 on: Jan 12, 2008, 03:57:10 AM »
 :Wow:  what a great gift from your mom, lil bootie stocking is so cute, flash bulbs are so neat! that was such a awsome idea!  :ThumbUp:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal