Author Topic: Whats for dinner 7...  (Read 14836 times)

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
Whats for dinner 7...
« on: Feb 08, 2008, 06:25:48 PM »
Started a new one - already!  Boy, we filled up that last one quick.

Tonight we are having pork and rice enchiladas with homemade tortillas and bucketfuls of cheese.  Is there not a nicer thing on this planet than cheese? 

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
Re: Whats for dinner 7...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2008, 06:37:06 PM »
You sound like my kiddos Sarah, they are cheeseaholics!  As for us, we are having a marinated pork roast, peas and salad.  Last night we decided to take the kiddos out for dinner, ended up at Chuck E Cheese and boy did they have a blast, the pizza was not too bad either though homemade is way better.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

MassMama

« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2008, 07:16:01 PM »
tonight we had cheese burgers :542: boy were they good..

I am making my first batch of cheese on sunday!! I am making cheddar and it will take about 24 hours to make and about 6- 18 months before it is aged to my liking  :shock:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2008, 07:39:39 PM »
Oh what fun Rita!  I looked at those cheese making supplies and I cannot wait to get some money aside so I can do them.  It looks like a blast!

MassMama

« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2008, 07:43:16 PM »
Leeners had the best prices .. but after reading and reading and more reading you don't need all that is in the kits.. most of it is to be honest spoild yougart and spoiled buttermilk.
you do need to get rennet but that is not that bad .. I should start a cheese thread huh..  :ScratchHead:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2008, 07:45:26 PM »
YES!!!  Please do.  And the things you absolutely need for it and those you do not have to have as well.

MassMama

« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2008, 08:28:33 PM »
OK doing my best here modifying like crazy  :rofl1: Any questions let me know I have a different book here that has different info than I posted

Offline patches

« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2008, 12:25:21 AM »
Well, since Lent started so tonight I fixed some fresh fried catfish, Fettuccini Alfredo, and some fresh asparagus.  Then I decided to make some bread pudding with lemon sauce for dessert.  ;) 
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #8 on: Feb 09, 2008, 11:27:29 AM »
I did a roast beef and a veggie soup using the onion soup as a base.  I'm very happy with it.  Unfortunately I'm out of the yukon gold potatoes so I'm using red potatoes.  I can't believe the difference in taste.  I'm spoiled I want yukon gold all the time now lol.

Offline patches

« Reply #9 on: Feb 09, 2008, 04:42:55 PM »
Well, I've got two friends coming over tonight. so I put a pork roast in the crockpot this morning.  I'll be making some pulled pork sandwiches, homemade french fries, and cole slaw.  I've got some kosher pickles and sweet onions to serve with the sandwiches.  It will be great because they love my pulled pork.  ;)  Nothing fancy and there's very little clean-up.   :Yahoo:
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2008, 04:44:31 PM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #10 on: Feb 10, 2008, 12:45:05 AM »
I want your pork sandwiches, Patti. We've had steak and bakers and wilted spinach salads for two nights in a row. The spinach salad was by request. It is so nice to see my teen eating something green.
« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2008, 01:20:02 AM by Patty S »
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline patches

« Reply #11 on: Feb 10, 2008, 01:12:47 AM »
Geesh, Tina, your dinner sounds pretty good to me, but I made this so there wouldn't be any last minute hassle and no mess.  ;)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #12 on: Feb 10, 2008, 07:22:52 AM »
I'm having leftovers and loving it.  The roast turned out great.

Offline Tonya

« Reply #13 on: Feb 10, 2008, 11:28:10 AM »
Doing something with leftover ham tonight.... maybe some devilled eggs. Some green beans. :dunno: Not too sure yet....

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #14 on: Feb 10, 2008, 11:34:49 AM »
:unsure: I had a hamburger last night. Marton had frozen french bead pizzas. I'm hungry now for lunch, but its way too early for me. If i eat now I'mll be starved at 5 when i go home.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline patches

« Reply #15 on: Feb 10, 2008, 11:46:11 PM »
I knew it was going to be cold today so I wanted something to warm the bones and soaked some beans last night.  Tonight's fare was ham & beans with lots of cornbread and butter!  :yesssss: It sure did the trick for me!!!  ;)

Offline Tonya

« Reply #16 on: Feb 11, 2008, 09:03:37 AM »
I am thinking a stew of some sort tonight to help Doug warm up from being out in the cold wind today!! That and some cornbread and I will be good to go!!

Offline patches

« Reply #17 on: Feb 11, 2008, 02:27:38 PM »
Tonight I'm making some Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes & gravy, creamed corn and cucumbers with sour cream.  I like doing this because I can make up a few T.V. dinners with the meat, potatoes & gravy and corn for when I'm in a pinch.  ;) 

MassMama

« Reply #18 on: Feb 11, 2008, 03:54:04 PM »
tonight for me it is pulled chicken cooked in salsa burritos with, taco sauce, cheese and sour cream.. with a tomato and lettuce garnish  :542:

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #19 on: Feb 11, 2008, 04:40:00 PM »
Tonight Lindsay made has made us Chicken Taco Soup in the slow cooker.  All I did was open the cans and remind her not to lick the raw chicken breasts.  I'll make up some Yankee Cornbread Muffins around 5ish.  Nice and easy dinner tonight!

pharmerlaura

« Reply #20 on: Feb 11, 2008, 06:37:56 PM »
Spagetti for us.. :BigGrin: Hungry..feed me.. :BigGrin: Homemade sauce too boot. :grinnnn:

Offline Tonya

« Reply #21 on: Feb 11, 2008, 06:45:05 PM »
I did do a stewmost of y'all probably don't wanna know where the meat came from...  :Whis: It sure is yummy, but Rita's burritos made my tummy rumble and my mouth water......so did Laura's spaghetti.... I guess I'll settle for more cornbread! :laughmao:

MassMama

« Reply #22 on: Feb 11, 2008, 07:27:05 PM »
The burritos were good!! Spaghetti sounded good tonight as well with some good garlic bread!! I always make my own sauce!! Make a bunch and seal a meal it! :ThumbUp:
I was thinkin stew for tomarrow.. Just as so I have some food to take for lunch the next few days  :BigGrin: maybe some bread to dip too!!  Need to go and get a couple veggies though!

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #23 on: Feb 11, 2008, 07:32:29 PM »
Tonight we decided on pizza delivery. Jonni was lobbying hard for it. I may do a salad to go with, though. Pizza just doesn't do it for me like it did in the old days.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
« Reply #24 on: Feb 12, 2008, 12:12:30 AM »
Tonight we had a chicken that was roasted in the crock pot. I'm very impressed. I found a recipe that said you could put a 3 pound (or so) frozen chicken into the crockpot, and it would be fully roasted and fall-apart tender at dinner time. It was! :yesssss:
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal