Author Topic: Makes you stop and think  (Read 3269 times)

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
Makes you stop and think
« on: Feb 09, 2008, 12:00:34 AM »
http://www.chrisjordan.com/current_set2.php?id=7

Until I saw the photo's in this link, I must say I sadly never really thought about consumer usage outside of my own home.

Really makes you stop and think.
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline Tonya

Re: Makes you stop and think
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2008, 04:40:49 PM »
:Wow: Cool link, Sarah! It really does make you stop and think!!

Offline patches

« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2008, 12:57:18 AM »
Actually, I don't find this shocking in the least.  :smileyNo:  Geesh, I remember more than 40 decades ago, when Vance Packard made "obsolescence" the by-word of the 60's.  ;)
« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2008, 01:00:07 AM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2008, 02:42:23 PM »
WOW!!!  That just totally blows my mind.  The artwork made of all that stuff is very cool but the amounts used is just amazing.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

christy

« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2008, 03:42:56 PM »
 :ThumbUp: good link cool artwork. im not surprised it still amazes me how much trash i toss out at work.  pluse what my fellow employers take out every day.  it adds up to 2 overflowing big dumpsters a week.  :shock:  theres a paper recycle bin too n we keep a box in the kitchen for cans n someone takes those in,  n the dumpsters still get overflowed,
 if we all recycled more it wouldnt be as bad.  not much recycling places around our area though,  metels n allimum n copper s bout it. it would be nice to have a plastic place around here to take all the plastic bottles n stuff to.

good will kills me with all the clothes they toss out, those could be donated somewere else or to those scrapquilt charities.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal