Author Topic: Orange start in trouble??  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Tonya

Orange start in trouble??
« on: Feb 14, 2008, 12:56:23 PM »
I had some beautiful bloom pods form on my little orange tree start and get pretty big(or at least I thought so), but I picked up the pot to look at them today and all 3 fell off.  :'( They never even opened. Any idea why?? 

Here is a pic of the plant. The "blooms" were on the bottom right here. They had just formed in this one. The soil isn't always this wet- I had just watered it. The largest was about as big around as a pencil when they fell off....

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
Re: Orange start in trouble??
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2008, 03:41:13 PM »
My guess would be that the tree aborted the blooms in favor of trying to grow some health leaves. Is there  and way you could cover him, maybe with a clear 2 or 3 liter pop bottle until he grows some leaves?
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline Tonya

« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2008, 04:40:13 PM »
I can do that!! There are a couple leaves started on it on the top branches, but I have a bottle I can use to help him out. Thanks Sarah!!

BTW- The Angel Food Cake turned out great!! Cupcakes are just the right serving size, too!  Thanks!! :kissies:

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2008, 04:49:43 PM »
Aw! I'm glad it worked for you, too. I love doing it that way...plus you can get fancy with the drizzles, and make it all pretty. :giggle:

My citrus trees had a struggle like yours a time or two in their lives...the pop bottle hat really helps them out. Also, once he gets 4-5 good sized leaves, feed him some fertilizer at about half strength of what the label says.
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal