Author Topic: UNO - Our Celebrity  (Read 4462 times)

Offline patches

UNO - Our Celebrity
« on: Feb 14, 2008, 05:17:37 PM »
Geesh, this is the biggest story since sliced bread around here.  :BigGrin:  Uno, a beagle from Belleville won "Best of Show" at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show   :yesssss:  and has already made numerous T.V. appearances and he is adorable.  It seems to be a HUGE story everywhere and getting national attention because he is a beagle.  :dunno:  Geesh, he's getting more coverage around here than when the presidential candidates were in town.   :rofl1:    :ScratchHead:  You can read the story here and see some pictures of him.  He's so cute!!!

http://www.bnd.com/breaking_news/story/255197.html

« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2008, 05:23:54 PM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
Re: UNO - Our Celebrity
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2008, 07:09:10 PM »
Yay UNO! He was on the news here the next morning. What a cutie! This is the first time in the history of Westminster that a beagle has won!
« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2008, 07:51:54 PM by barleychown »

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline patches

« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2008, 02:52:24 AM »
Yes, that's what I heard too, Wrennie! ;)   I think it's awesome because beagle are such neat and loving pets.  We had a beagle when I was still at home, his name was Major and he was the sweetest dog.   :yesssss:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

christy

« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2008, 12:48:23 PM »
awwww what a cutie!  :ThumbUp:  they are cute lil dogs  :ThumbUp: 
theres a lady my hubs knows who breeds n dose the dog shows, she use to try n get us to enter rotten girl in them.   i trained rotten without using treats in that always amazed  people who did shows to see a dog do the comands without treats  :nutz:

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #4 on: Feb 15, 2008, 12:56:23 PM »
  i trained rotten without using treats in that always amazed  people who did shows to see a dog do the comands without treats  :nutz:
If they cant get the dog to obey without treats theres something wrong in their training I think. Maybe in the ring it keeps them more focused :unsure:

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

christy

« Reply #5 on: Feb 15, 2008, 01:54:10 PM »
i dont know if it keeps them focused? makes sence though, maybe depends on the dog? i have a few training books n they all use the treats.  i didnt use em cause i know i couldnt afford to buy alot of em, pluse i think a hug n praise is better  :ThumbUp:  rotten kept good focus even when in a crowd, or she was  excited.  :laughmao: you could tell she was keeping controll of her self, her stub would be going a mile a minute but  she kept her posture.
the first things i trained her for was leash walking n staying down [not jumping on people].  every time my brother came over he tried his darnest to pat his chest n get her to jump up  :rolleyes1:  but she never would  :grinnnn: 
i just trained her for fun, as long as its fun its a great way to spend time with your dog, also cause i knew she was gonna be bigger than me,  :laughmao: 

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #6 on: Feb 15, 2008, 04:57:59 PM »
What a beautiful dog.  I want a beagle and have been trying to talk Dan into one.  Once we get a fenced yard.  Congrats to the pup!

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline patches

« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2008, 07:20:54 PM »
Yes, he sure is a "cutie"!   :yesssss:  I bet beagle sales and adoptions will go through the roof now.  ;) 

Offline patches

« Reply #8 on: Mar 02, 2008, 12:33:41 AM »
I got to see UNO!!!  :yay_jump:  I even got to pet UNO!!!  :Yahoo:   He was at the Dog Show in Belleville today and was featured as a guest, so I had to go.  Of course, I had to wait in line almost two hours to see him, but it was certainly worth it!  :yesssss:   I heard some lady (about my age) standing in line by me tell another lady, "This is worse than when we went to see Elvis in the 60's!"  :yikes:   Illinois as proclaimed March 2008 as "UNO Month" and they gave him a certificate showing this! 

Here are a few of the pictures I took. 

He is such a "ham"!   :laughmao:

« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2008, 12:41:20 AM by patches »

Offline Patty S

« Reply #9 on: Mar 02, 2008, 03:36:02 AM »
What great shots you got of Uno, Patti. :clap: He's sure a cutie!  I wonder what he thinks when he sits there watching people stand in line all day long so they can pet him! :nutz:

Geesh, this is the biggest story since sliced bread around here. 
Please don't tell me that Belleville actually did a story about sliced bread! 
(You people really need to get out more.)

« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2008, 03:41:18 AM by Patty S »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal