Author Topic: Dirty Pond?  (Read 7716 times)

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
Re: Dirty Pond?
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2008, 12:09:44 PM »
To be honest, Dianna, I am scared of the neighbors.  They are not exactly high-quality people and I know that they would REALLY make life miserable for us.  I've seen them beat and threaten each other and even damage one another's vehicles.  I'd really rather not have to deal with anything like that.  We're moving in a year anyway.  And they've started having arguments about cocaine - in their front yard. 

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2008, 12:21:11 PM »
It is probably best for you not to have any interaction with them with that going on then, Sarah. Drugs bring out the worst in people...

Maybe you could adapt some of the ideas from this topic to make the pond area less appealing for the cat...
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2008, 02:04:37 PM »
Yesterday I found what I think attracted the cat, while pulling a big rock off the bottom, a lovely dead baby bird floated up to the top of the water.  Talk about disgusting. 

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2008, 02:22:52 PM »
Yuck! Wonder if the cat may have put it in the pond? :tickedoff:

That is so sad. :Crybaby: Poor baby bird...
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2008, 12:39:33 PM »
Baby birds are very strongly attracted to our pond.  I'm not sure why but it isn't unusual to see a babe wondering around it, hiding in the tall, red bee balm or the garden phlox.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal