Author Topic: 2008 Spring Color Splashes  (Read 17829 times)

Offline Patty S

Re: 2008 Spring Color Splashes
« Reply #25 on: Apr 02, 2008, 11:58:55 PM »
I did a walk-around today, & couldn't believe some of the things that were coming up or are already blooming! :yikes:

Around here, Violets come up wherever they darned well please, & I pull them out in most places, but they look kinda nice under the back rose bush, so I leave them there.

The Creeping Buttercups have spread quite a bit since last year.  I can't wait till they take over their part of the hill above the Iris.

The Periwinkle (Vinca) that I transplanted from LaRelle's yard two years ago, have settled into their section really well.  (I love this stuff!) :Yahoo:

These flat pics don't do much justice to the nice combination that's coming together on that part of the hill, with the Vinca & the Basket of Gold (Aurinia Saxatilis), but it's really pretty, in person.

The Sea Thrift that I planted last October is pretty happy in its spot, & is putting out flowers already. This is going to be awesome, when it spreads. :grinnnn:

Some things that I thought were annuals, apparently aren't! :Yahoo:
 Like my Anemones...

and the Sweet William (Dianthus)...

and the Anise, among all the dead twigs from last year's Basil, in my Deer Barrier! :o

My Egyptian onions have a good head start, after taking so long to get going last year.

This Calendula spent the whole winter putting out one flower at a time!

I haven't cleaned out 90% of my beds around here... sure have my work cut out for me, but I'm happy! :wink5:

Offline patches

« Reply #26 on: Apr 03, 2008, 02:26:50 AM »
Geesh, Patty, everything in your yard looks beautiful and so spring-like!  :Wow:   My yard is a muddy mess right now,  :SmileyFit:  so I've really got my work cut out for me,  if it ever stops raining.   :dunno:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #27 on: Apr 03, 2008, 12:56:58 PM »
Looks great so far Patty, you are definetly off to a great start.

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #28 on: Apr 03, 2008, 05:05:47 PM »
Them flowers shore are lookin good, Teach.
This is me ->?

Offline Patty S

« Reply #29 on: Apr 04, 2008, 07:22:53 PM »
One lone baby tulip came up... in the middle of my Scotch Moss patch! :tickedoff:

I have no idea where the few tulips went, that were here a few years ago... apparently they wander around & show up any old place they please! :rolleyes1:

Offline patches

« Reply #30 on: Apr 04, 2008, 07:54:37 PM »
Geesh, it looks pretty lonely there by itself!  :Crybaby2:  Well maybe some of it's "buddies" will join it.    :rofl1:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Patty S

« Reply #31 on: Apr 04, 2008, 09:00:26 PM »
I dont WANT any of it's buddies there, Patti! :thslap: I'll have enough trouble getting this one out of my Scotch Moss, without buggering it all up! :tickedoff:

About a month ago, I moved several chunks of Creeping Phlox to the front bed where I mostly have bark & driftwood, & I'm VERY pleased to report that 99% of it settled right in & is flowering now! :yesssss:

I should have waited to take the pic when it gets in full bloom, but I love this stuff so much, I couldn't resist! :wink5:   

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #32 on: Apr 04, 2008, 09:03:53 PM »
I just love that scotch moss. Is it planted in the shade or the sun?
This is me ->?

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #33 on: Apr 04, 2008, 09:07:29 PM »
I have some flowers blooming now, also... :Yahoo:

I thought that I dug up all the Iris around the gazebo year before last. Sure have plenty of it here that was supposed to be gone... :grinnnn:

Blackberries have taken over my tulip bed beside the house. I have one lone crocus blooming in the flower bed in front of the house... :grinnnn:

My azaleas are blooming around the gazebo, too, but the pics turned out too blurry to post. I will get some more pictures later and post them....

"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline patches

« Reply #34 on: Apr 04, 2008, 09:08:30 PM »
Oh, Patty, I love Creeping Phlox!  I have some of it in my back garden bed.  

Offline patches

« Reply #35 on: Apr 05, 2008, 12:12:36 AM »
Maybe I should say I had some in my garden bed that is now a garden pond.   :SmileyFit:  I just hope it's still okay and didn't drown.   :Crybaby2:  It was already coming up before the rains came, but it hadn't started blooming yet.   :smileyNo:
« Last Edit: Apr 05, 2008, 12:15:24 AM by patches »

Offline patches

« Reply #36 on: Apr 06, 2008, 01:48:46 AM »
Well, I was able to get around the yard today, so here are some of my Narcissus that are blooming.

Offline patches

« Reply #37 on: Apr 06, 2008, 03:17:18 AM »
Here are a few of my Hyacinth that I found blooming today. :yesssss: I am waiting for the pink ones that I planted last year, but it always seems they come a tad later than the white and purple ones.   :ScratchHead:  There are some more of my Mini-Daffodils which I have planted in some of my beds. I really love them, but I sure wish they would last a little longer.   :(

« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2008, 03:22:57 AM by patches »

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #38 on: Apr 07, 2008, 01:18:56 PM »
More pretty pictures ladies, evertything is so vibrant!!

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #39 on: Apr 07, 2008, 09:06:20 PM »
These are a few of the things blooming around here. buckeye tree, azaleas, tree rose,
petunia and amaryllis.

This is me ->?

Offline patches

« Reply #40 on: Apr 08, 2008, 02:06:26 AM »
Oh my gosh, Bonnie, that of yours Azaleas is gorgeous  :Wow:  or is that more than one?   :dunno:   I really can't tell from the picture because it is so full.  :ScratchHead:
« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2008, 02:08:42 AM by patches »

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #41 on: Apr 08, 2008, 07:22:40 AM »
no kidding now they took the trash can.  I'd like to electrify the rest of my bulbs and pots that are outside the bricks too.  Nasty people.  Grrrrrh. 

If all goes smoothly I'll be out of here on the 29th of May.  Then we'll see how it goes in the new house.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #42 on: Apr 08, 2008, 07:28:48 AM »
Thankyou for all the pictures of the pretty spring flowers.  I needed a pick me up after the thefts around here.  You guys are such a boost to my brain.

Offline patches

« Reply #43 on: Apr 08, 2008, 12:15:19 PM »
Well, the trash truck woke me up early and when I went to bring the cans around I found my pink & white Daffodils were blooming.  :yay_jump:  Of course, they look more peach than pink to me, but right now I'll settle for any color.   :yesssss: 

Offline Patty S

« Reply #44 on: Apr 09, 2008, 02:48:13 AM »
Bonnie, if I had the kinds of things growing in my yard that you do, I don't think I'd ever put my camera down! :Yahoo: 

Is your Amaryllis growing outside?  Even though we're in a microclimate here, there's no way we could ever get away with having one of those outside. :SmileyNailbiting:

I just love those azaleas!  I don't think I've ever seen anyone make a hedge out of them, but yours sure makes me want one! :BigGrin:

Offline patches

« Reply #45 on: Apr 09, 2008, 03:26:45 AM »
Hey, Patty, I've seen someone make a hedge out of Azaleas and they were beautiful, but the flowers didn't really seem to last that long!   :SmileyFit:  However, the hedge was still very pretty just being green.  ;)  I didn't know the people, but I used to see it when we would go to church in Shiloh. 

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #46 on: Apr 09, 2008, 07:54:34 PM »
Patty, you are the one with all the beautiful flowers. I am envious of you. Yep the amarillas is growing outside. I have red ones too. I never dig them up they just stay in the ground and multiply.

That's three azaleas. They didn't do so well last year because my son-in-law trimmed them and cut off what would have been flowers. I smoked his ears this year.

There is a house in town that has a row growing down their driveway that are alternating light pink and white azaleas, and it is plum purty. I'l try to remember to put the camera in the car so I can take a pic. for you.
This is me ->?

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #47 on: Apr 10, 2008, 07:17:26 AM »
That does sound pretty.  I'll look forward to seeing it too.

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
« Reply #48 on: Apr 10, 2008, 09:48:42 PM »
Pretty blooms, everyone!

I have a few new blooms this week.

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie