Author Topic: Grilled Bruschetta Chicken  (Read 3566 times)

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
« on: Apr 28, 2008, 08:06:51 PM »
Ingredients:

1/4 cup Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette, divided
4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 medium tomato, finely chopped (I chop roughly for a chunkier topping)
1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella
1/4 Fresh Basil, chopped

Place large sheet of heavy-duty foil over half of grill grate; preheat grill to medium heat. Pour 2 Tbsp. of the dressing over chicken in resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Turn bag over several times to evenly coat chicken with the dressing. Refrigerate 10 min. to marinate. Remove chicken from marinade; discard bag and marinade. Grill chicken on uncovered side of grill 6 min. Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, cheese, basil and remaining 2 Tbsp. dressing.  Turn chicken over; place, cooked-side up, on foil on grill. Top evenly with tomato mixture. Close lid. Grill an additional 8 min. or until chicken is cooked through (170 degrees F).

Notes:  If it's winter or we're out of propane, I make this with the broiler. 
« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2008, 11:37:47 AM by Dianna »

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Re: Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2008, 08:44:47 PM »
That sounds delicious, Sarah Loo! :ThumbUp: And even easy enough for me to try... :licklips:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline patches

« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2008, 10:33:27 PM »
Thanks, Sarah,   :thx:  this sounds great,   :yesssss:  but I think I'll wait until I have my fresh tomatoes from my garden and my fresh Basil before I make it.  ;) 

1/4 Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette, divided 

Just one quick question . . . 1/4 what (bottle, cup, etc)?   :SmileyQmarks:

« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2008, 10:37:41 PM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 2008, 10:36:22 PM »
Because the recipe called for 2tbs for marinade and 2 more for the final dressing, I'm thinking it is about a quarter cup, Patti. That was my first Q too but I read further. This would be a way to make those tasteless store bought'n tomatoes perk up with the added flavor. (until yours ripen)
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline patches

« Reply #4 on: Apr 28, 2008, 10:54:22 PM »
:SlapSelf:  Geesh, I think you're right, Tina!   ;)  I just copied and pasted the recipe in my recipe files and read through it without thinking.  :oops:  I'm probably a little brain dead tonight because I was grading some of the students "Dream Papers" today and kinda lost track of time.  :yikes: So, I cut it a little close because I forgot how long it takes to try to make yourself look not "so old" to your former high school classmates.   :rofl1:  Of course, when I was sitting in the restaurant and looking around at everyone, it dawned on me that there weren't many who were any more successful than I was!   :yikes:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #5 on: Apr 29, 2008, 10:29:02 AM »
It's a 1/4 Cup of dressing.  Sorry for skipping that part.  Kinda important, huh? 

I would edit it in the orginal post but I can't seem to find the button for that.  I must be very tired.

Offline patches

« Reply #6 on: Apr 29, 2008, 10:46:11 AM »
Thanks, Sarah?   :thx:  I added it to my recipe! ;) 

Dont' worry, Sarah, it's not you and you're not tired!  :smileyNo:  There is no button to correct it after 30 minutes as passed because the button disappears! 
« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2008, 10:48:33 AM by patches »

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #7 on: Apr 29, 2008, 12:00:45 PM »
Oooooh, I feel better now.  I feel kinda sheepish about spending several minutes looking and looking for the button, though.   :giggle:

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #8 on: Mar 03, 2013, 10:03:44 PM »
I'm gonna try this one day this week.  I think we're about out of propane so I'm gonna have to wait until Johnny gets some more.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal