Author Topic: Crab apple tree babies  (Read 1838 times)

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
Crab apple tree babies
« on: Apr 29, 2008, 11:12:22 AM »
Look whats popping up!

That is babies of this, right?

And here she is in bloom, as shown before

ANyone want a baby of her??

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline patches

Re: Crab apple tree babies
« Reply #1 on: Apr 29, 2008, 11:27:31 AM »
Well, it looks like spring has sprung for you, Wrennie!  :yesssss:  The bloom is such a pretty pink and I bet it's gorgeous when it's all in bloom.  ;)  Do the blooms stick around for a while? :dunno:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: Apr 29, 2008, 11:44:35 AM »
I would love to have a crabapple baby, Wrennie! :Glee: Would I need two or three to pollinate? How tall are they? Are they a fast grower? :grinnnn:

They may be a messy little tree, but I love 'em! :grinnnn:
« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2008, 11:50:06 AM by Dianna »
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #3 on: Apr 29, 2008, 12:23:00 PM »
Not quite sprung Patti, the bloom picture is from past years but its getting close. They do stick around for a while. The bees love it. The tree sounds like a big buzz when theyre all over it!

I'm not sure if you need more than 1 for pollination, I dont think so. We had one where i grew up and i dont remember any others nearby. The momma tree is probably about 40 yars old and 20 feet tall (?) I think theyre a pretty slow grower. The babies are only about 1/2" tall right now. I may also have a couple of sucker sprouts on the hill. I can snip them out too.
Dianna IF I end up with ash tree babies like i did last year want them too? Havent seen any yet...
« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2008, 12:27:02 PM by Wrennie »

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: Apr 30, 2008, 12:03:24 PM »
I would love to have them, Wrennie. I read that they are fast growers and we really need some shade trees... :BigGrin: Thank you for the offers! :NewHug:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal