Author Topic: What's For Dinner 10  (Read 30224 times)

Offline patches

What's For Dinner 10
« on: May 23, 2008, 12:56:32 AM »
It seems we were running out of room in the other thread, so here's a new one where you can post your goodies. ;)   

Tonight I fixed a pork chop, mashed potatoes & country gravy, spinach topped with a hard-boiled egg and fried apples.  It really hit the spot on a very cool evening.    :yesssss:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 01:02:42 AM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
Re: What's For Dinner 10
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 02:43:32 PM »
Tonight I am making meat loaf and baked potatoes.  Need to have something Dan can get started since I will be running up to Tacoma today to get my niece.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 05:09:06 PM »
Last night we had sloppy joes and pasta salad loaded with nasty peas, tomatoes, and black olives.

Tonight we're have szechwan shrimp with steamed veggies, served over rice.  Oh and I just pulled the last tray of chocolate chip cookies out of the oven.  Trust me, they are wonderful!

Offline patches

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 11:53:11 PM »
Tonight for dinner I made some tuna salad, then served it with quartered hard-boiled eggs and quartered tomatoes on the vine (from the store - YUK)!  :Whis:  Oh well, it was quick and easy.  :yesssss:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 11:55:50 PM »
Last night we had meatloaf, Triss. Stouffer's, though, not homemade. Sure would like to have a recipe for a good homemade one. Will you share? :grinnnn:

Chocolate chip cookies, Sarah Loo? :licklips: You've got me drooling...

I like Tuna salad, Patti. How do you fix yours? :) I need more fish in my diet...

We had Mariachi's for supper tonight. Sure was good! :542: I am stuffed...
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline patches

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 12:15:15 AM »
Geesh, my tuna salad is nothing fancy, Dianna, I use the Solid White Albacore Tuna,  mayonnaise (Hellmann's), diced celery and a little bit of pickle relish.  ;)   

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2008, 12:43:27 AM »
Patti, yours sounds like mine except I use onion instead of celery... :laughpound:

I had a lady that lived next door to me years ago and she made the best tuna salad. Hers had macaroni in it. I lost the recipe that she gave me. While she lived there, she always brought me a bowl to eat when she made it for her supper. Sure miss it... :grinnnn:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 09:49:48 AM »
Tonight is steak. I always do baked potatoes with that. And salads. It is simple but I haven't done a lot of cooking lately. I plan things then my family starts running the microwave before I am cooking. O even when I've already begun cooking. I would sure hate to toss these steaks out though.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 02:15:16 PM »
Dianna,  Most of the time I use the lipton onion soup mix recipe minus the bread crumbs because we like it more moist.  This time I forgot to get that so I tossed in all kinds of spices, onion powder, garlic powder, minced onions, parsley, oregano, a couple of eggs and a healthy squeeze of ketchup.  Mixed that all in and baked it.  It was so much better than the onion soup mix and probably way less salt as well.

Tonight we are doing a whole chicken on the rotisserie.  I will make a bit of macaroni salad to go with and mashed potatoes and corn.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 09:55:46 PM »
Thanks, Triss. I will look on the next box of Lipton's that I buy. I can't believe that I haven't noticed a recipe for it before on there. Usually though, if I have the soup mix, it is for the tater recipe. :542: Mmm, mmm, good! :licklips:

Tonight I made chicken tenderloins in mushroom gravy. Fixed some rice and some "rotten taters" (potatoes au gratin) to go with it... :licklips:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 12:15:50 AM »
Oh I love the baked potatoes with the soup mix... good stuff.

Offline patches

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 02:37:22 PM »
Dinner tonight is going to be BBQ Pork Steaks, grilled corn-on-the-cob, baked beans and homemade potato salad.     

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 04:28:46 PM »
Tonight we will be cleaning out the fridge. I have leftover steak, pasta with crab, salad makings and rice pudding to top it off.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 09:08:07 AM »
Last night we had brats and tonight it will be spicy chicken Quesadillas.  I love quesadillas!  If only Adam would make me that tortilla press then I could cut the tortilla time in half!  That would be so great.

Offline patches

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2008, 11:22:08 AM »
Well, I'm going over to my daughter's for a Memorial Day picnic and BBQ, so know there will be an assortment of delicious food.  :yesssss:  I'm making my Italian Salad to add to the fare.  ;)   

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2008, 11:16:00 AM »
Tonight are steaks on the BBQ, with baked potatoes, fried mushrooms and a salad.

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2008, 04:53:04 PM »
We had Texas Style Chicken last night (chicken breasts smothered in melty colby-jack, jalapeņos, tomato slices, and crispy bacon) with garlic cheesy bread.  Adam always loves anything that involves bacon and dinner.  Tonight I'm trying out a new recipe for tilapia called Simple Ranchy Breaded Fish.  Pretty much fish dredged in ranch mix and then breaded. 

edit: I forgot to pull the fish out of the freezer so it is braised balsamic chicken instead, maybe I will serve it with garlic smashed potatoes and biscuits.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 05:02:50 PM by landofoz »

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2008, 09:16:13 PM »
We had pintos, rice, cornbread, and honey-barbecue chicken strips for supper tonight. Sure was good, but I shouldn't have had the second helping.... :giggle:

Sarah Loo, I am glad to see that you are safe and sound. I have been looking for you since I read about the tornadoes in Kansas... :scaredy:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2008, 09:39:41 PM »
We had tacos and burritos tonight, the only thing the kids complained about was that it was not "Taco Tuesday" :grinnnn:

Offline patches

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2008, 12:48:59 AM »
Tonight, I just made some Shrimp & Chicken Stir-Fry over rice and it was delicious!  Of course, I usually like any dish that has rice in it or with it.  ;)

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2008, 09:04:01 PM »
Tonight we had the Ranchy Fish.  It was really good, definitely something I'll make again.

Dianna, sorry for not checking in sooner!  But we're doing good, no damage here!

Lefse

« Reply #21 on: Jun 02, 2008, 02:04:42 AM »
 :542:  Fixed corn chowder with corn from the freezer from last summer. Have enough for one more batch out there, then I have to wait for this year's crop.  A salad from Barleychown's garden mixed with mine, and BINGO! Lite, filling, time for a bike ride! :ThumbUp:

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
« Reply #22 on: Jun 02, 2008, 08:37:57 AM »
Aw, man! I haven't made corn chowder in quite a while. Might have to do that for tonight!

Last night Mike made pork ribs. They turned out great!
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #23 on: Jun 02, 2008, 10:03:43 AM »
For some reason I am on a big chinese-food kick.  So the next two weeks of dinner will definitely be reflecting that.  Tonight I think we will have General Tso's chicken and crab ragoons.  It's a first for both recipes and I really hope they turn out good.  I love trying new recipes but am always a little nervous about how they will turn out.

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #24 on: Jun 02, 2008, 10:15:50 AM »
Crab rangoons are yummy and easy!  Have fun with them.

Tonight is chicken on the rotisserie along with mashed potatoes, gravy and corn.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal