Author Topic: 2008 Spring Color Splashes Part 2  (Read 6784 times)

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
2008 Spring Color Splashes Part 2
« on: May 25, 2008, 12:14:13 AM »
Went looking for the topic and it was locked... so here we go again with my blooms from today.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: 2008 Spring Color Splashes Part 2
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 05:59:04 AM »
Great Pics.  What is the second to last one please?

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 11:06:27 AM »
The burgundy and white ones? Those are Toad Flax and look like miniature snapdragons.

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 07:23:54 PM »
Your flowers are just lovely. I really like the second one.
This is me ->?

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 08:05:55 PM »
That is one of my columbines, so are the 5th and 8th ones.

In the first pic, the peach is verbena and the other is calibrachoa.  3 and 4 are iris and 6 is wave petunias.

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 09:21:01 AM »
Those are simply gorgeous Triss!!!

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 10:25:02 AM »
I got some photos this morning. Good thing cause now its pouring out there and we may get hail. There were 2 buds starting to open on my 1st clematis yesterday, this morning there were 9!!!(no pic of that yet)
Clickable

« Last Edit: Jun 01, 2008, 11:45:14 PM by Jim »

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 03:18:06 PM »
Beautiful shots Wrennie.  I love all of your iris and that fuschia is so pretty!

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #8 on: Jun 01, 2008, 09:05:09 AM »
Nice flowers, Wrennie. They are all so pretty.
This is me ->?

Offline Patty S

« Reply #9 on: Jun 01, 2008, 05:59:58 PM »
I'm sure glad to see these flower pics! :yesssss: Is it just me, or does it seem like we've waited longer for them this year? :ScratchHead: (It would be nice if we could all ID our flowers as we post them.  OK?) :wink5:

I don't know if my gardens have been slow, or if I've just been too busy to pay attention to them, but I managed to get outside & work in my beds for several hours yesterday, & found a few nice surprises waiting for me. :clap:

My Princess Lilies are blooming,

(The Alyssum that I put in the Lily Garden for filler, is working out nicely!) :grinnnn:

It took me a whole hour to dead-head the 2 pink rose bushes by the front door.  They're really happy, & have been bloooming up a storm!

My Blue Star Creeper is still flowering!  I didn't think they'd still be at it, a full month after they first woke up! :Yahoo:

The Ice Plant is awake now & I think it looks so nice, with the California Poppies & the few Nigella that snuck back to the hillside this year, in spite of the Preen I put there.

I put the Ice Plant on that section of the hill last year, & am hoping it'll take off & spread out this season. :ThumbUp:

And my Columbine is in bloom, too.

The Calendula & Creme Brulee Coreopsis from last year have spread out a little & are pretty happy,

and so are the Marguerite Daisies (Argyranthemum)

There are a lot of annuals that are coming right along, but they have no flowers on them yet.  I wish they'd hurry up, cuz I'm anxious to see EVERYTHING in bloom!

« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2008, 01:36:55 AM by Patty S »

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #10 on: Jun 03, 2008, 07:20:31 AM »
Well I cant go back and edit so heres the list
primrose, geranium, strawberry, buttercup, buttercup, iris, iris, iris, dragons blood sedum, fuschia, snapdragon, iris, iris, wider shot where fuschia hangs.
I have no idea of the iris varieties. The yellows were rescued from a yard that was going to be bulldozed in SC, the purple iris were either trades or gifts in secret gift giver games, the strawberry was a trade, and the buttercups are wild here.
My siberian iris(also saved from that bulldozer) are starting to bloom as is my other purple one that came with me from my last house.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #11 on: Jun 03, 2008, 02:28:16 PM »
Looks like they were worth waiting for, Patty. They are beautiful.
This is me ->?

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #12 on: Jun 04, 2008, 08:23:56 AM »
Those are pretty Patty, and the Rose is beautiful!

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
« Reply #13 on: Jun 06, 2008, 12:20:07 PM »
Looks like everyone's gardens are waking from thier winter's nap. :yesssss:

Mine is an out of control jungle this week!

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #14 on: Jun 06, 2008, 12:31:49 PM »
a medium height purple iris in the morning rain

This yellow didn't bloom last year. I took the pic in this mornings rain to be sure i got one in case the rain washed it out.

This was in the same group as my earlier yellow one that was saved from being bulldozed in my friend Marys neighbors yard in SC

MY clematis{may be seiboldi}

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #15 on: Jun 06, 2008, 03:03:03 PM »
Beautiful Wrennie... love the clematis!

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
    • My blog
« Reply #16 on: Jun 09, 2008, 10:31:31 AM »
A few of my favorite blooms...

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #17 on: Jun 09, 2008, 03:46:27 PM »
That is absolutely beautiful. Sarah.
This is me ->?

Offline Patty S

« Reply #18 on: Jun 12, 2008, 02:47:57 AM »
Bonnie's right, Sarah, they're awesome! :yay_jump: I just love that Pansy & Geranium pot you have on your front porch.  I've never done Pansies (on purpose) before, but I bought some last fall for the deck planters, thinking that they were "winter Pansies" ... which they were, & they bloomed slowly, all winter.  I thought they'd die off when the warmer weather came & the sun started beating on them, but they've just gone nuts, & I haven't even had to plant anything else, to fill those planters! :grinnnn:  Without even fliching, they survived the Arctic blast we had last month, followed by the heat wave which fried everything else that was blooming for me!   (I always thought Pansies didn't like full sun!) :ScratchHead:

Wrennie, your Iris are gorgeous! :yesssss:  Mine weathered our unseasonal cold snap, but totally gave up when the high heat hit them, as did almost everything else that was blooming for me.  Where I'd usually have 6 weeks to watch my Iris row flourish, I only got three this year. :crying:  Your Clematis is sooo awesome! :clap:  How tall will that get?  Mine is wimpy this year, & only the top of the vine (15 feet up) looks like it's alive!  (I never have been very lucky with Clematis... I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.) :dunno:

My Lily bed is doing great & it looks like the Asiatics are all going to explode, any minute now! :Yahoo:  A Yellow one opened up today, & my Princess Lilies (at the edge of the bed) are still coming on strong. :grinnnn:

« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2008, 02:50:49 AM by Patty S »

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #19 on: Jun 12, 2008, 06:48:56 AM »
I'm definitely taking my disposable camera outside when the glad is fully bloomed.  It is the most wonderful purple color.  I just love it.  And they are biggggggggggg.  I'll definitely be running a grid in that bed next year.

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #20 on: Jun 12, 2008, 01:17:49 PM »

Your Clematis is sooo awesome! :clap:  How tall will that get? 
 (I never have been very lucky with Clematis... I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.) :dunno:

Thats it for the white one, its about 4 1/2 to 5 feet tall. Last year I think it reached taller for some reason...
there was another one in there that bloomed purple from above the white to the top of the garage. It bloomed when the one blooms faded. BUt the vine doesnt even have any green on it yet so I dont know if it made it through the winter or not.
last years purple blooms;

« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2008, 01:22:08 PM by Wrennie »

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #21 on: Jun 12, 2008, 03:12:42 PM »
Beautiful flowers, Everyone! :ThumbUp:

We came home from Florida and the pink brug had bloomed while we were gone. It was a washed-out color, though, because it was past its' prime and in the full sun...

Looks more like a white brug to me. ::) Both of my brugs, pink and yellow, are full of buds now, though, so I should be able to share a better color with you when they bloom next...
« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2008, 03:15:15 PM by Dianna »
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
    • My blog
« Reply #22 on: Jun 14, 2008, 09:45:02 AM »
Beautiful, Dianna! Did it have any smell left for you?

My poppies have started.

I've plugged in my fountains, too...

Grandma bought me this one this year...(not very me, but I love her.)

« Last Edit: Jun 14, 2008, 09:51:50 AM by barleychown »

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #23 on: Jun 14, 2008, 11:28:24 AM »
I promise pictures when the roll is finished.  Because these purple Gladiolus are something to write home about. 

I love all the pictures keep them coming.

Offline Patty S

« Reply #24 on: Jun 18, 2008, 01:25:17 AM »
My Poppies are starting to bloom now, too! :yay_jump: (Ignore the corn. :rolleyes1: Apparently, I didn't pick all the corn out of the alfalfa pellets that went into the planter.)

Last fall, I planted Daffodils & Hyacinth bulbs in the planters that I built under the edge of the deck.  I also put Primroses & Pansies in, just to have some color there during the winter, until the spring flowers came up. (The space between the tops of the planters & the fascia board of the deck is only about 12"... so it was a mistake to plant all my Daffodils in them, cuz they were too tall & had to lean out, to get sunshine in the spring.) :SlapSelf:  I hadn't figured out what summer flowers to plant in them, but as it turns out, it looks like I might not need to plant anything at all, cuz these "Winter Pansies" don't seem to know what season it is!  They're sending up loads of flowers & have spread out so much, they're taking up all the space!

I just love the "faces" on some of them...

If I'd have known that the deep blue ones would be almost black, I'd have put them next to the white ones, cuz the contrast would be awesome.

I've always heard that Pansies needed to be picked if you wanted them to keep blooming, but they keep coming on, whether I pick them or not.  I also thought they were shade plants, but the sun beats on them all day long, during the summer months. :dunno:  (Either I was misinformed on both counts, or someone has changed all the rules for Pansies!)

If they die off when the weather gets hotter, I still don't know what to put there... I'm thinking that green & purple basil would look nice... besides helping to keep the mosquitoes away from the deck. :clap:

« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2008, 02:23:16 AM by Patty S »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal