Author Topic: Shoddy Research  (Read 1848 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Shoddy Research
« on: Jun 28, 2008, 05:06:45 AM »
As I go through my seed box and try and find planting information for all of my seeds I'm finding that I have been a very bad trader.  By not looking things up before I make trades, I've ended up with a lot of invasive weed seeds.  So I'm sitting here feeling rather foolish. 

Now, I've started checking each seed type I think I might like to have not just what it looks like but how it grows.  Although there are some plants like the chinese lanterns that are very aggressive, that I am willing to deal with for the seed pods, most aggressive plants just aren't my thing.  To much work.  So I'm going to become a much better researcher.

Can you give me any other hints about what I should check on when thinking about getting a new plant?

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
Re: Shoddy Research
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28, 2008, 01:55:38 PM »
Do they come back easily each year either by seed or root?  I know I like it when I find something good to know I will be able to have it again year after year even if it is an annual.

Do the plants get lots of flowers, grow easily in your area and that you have a good spot for them.  (I have little shade so I need sun stuff)

That is all I can think of right this second.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: Shoddy Research
« Reply #2 on: Jun 28, 2008, 02:47:42 PM »
Thankyou Triss those are all good things to check out.  There is no need for me to be trading for tempermental seeds.  I don't really have the patience for things like Birds of Paradise even if they liked my zone.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal