Author Topic: brown-eyed-susans...  (Read 2176 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
brown-eyed-susans...
« on: Jun 28, 2008, 03:02:01 PM »
Are blooming down the road from me.  The gardener has put them all along the road side.  I've got to say it gave my heart a boost as I was headed home today to see them.  So now I'm thinking I'll put them along my ditch too.  And intersperse them with my ditch lilies.  I have a bunch of those.  I transplanted them here without a pot so I just stuck them in the foundation bed until I found a place for them.  Now I think I've figure out that place.  At least until I get my streetside sun bed prepared.  That one is going to be a stinker because there is a telephone pole right in the middle of the space.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Re: brown-eyed-susans...
« Reply #1 on: Aug 15, 2008, 07:19:41 AM »
I bet your ditch will be beautiful, Tammy. I really need to do something like that to ours, especially since those darn contractors messed ours up so much that it is a bear for Jim to mow... :tickedoff:

I just stuck them in the foundation bed until I found a place for them.

I do the same thing. I am always sticking something in a flowerbed to move somewhere else. Unfortunately, my front flower bed looks disorganized because of that... :giggle:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: brown-eyed-susans...
« Reply #2 on: Aug 15, 2008, 09:19:41 AM »
I understand.  Fortunately there is only one bunch that is actually "in" the flower bed and it will come out this fall and I have daffodils to replace it with.  So there won't be any unsightly holes next year.  At least that's my hope.

The other group of ditchlilies are actually in the grass beside one of the down spouts right next to the flower bed.  So when I dig that up all I'll need to do is put a clump of grass there.

The third group of ditch lilies are in the sidewalk flower bed and I'm thinking of just spreading those out at the back of that bed.  So there is something blooming there later into the growing season.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal