Author Topic: Are you in your garden every day?  (Read 1900 times)

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
Are you in your garden every day?
« on: Aug 21, 2008, 05:50:44 PM »
I read somewhere that in order to have really great gardens, you need to be in them every day. I can understand the thought behind that. My gardens definitely are at their best if I make the effort to at the very least do one walk-through a day, wether it's with my morning coffee, or to relax after dinner.

What about you? Do you make the effort every day? What time of day do you prefer? Do you see a positive difference?
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: Are you in your garden every day?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2008, 08:17:21 AM »
I go out in the morning.  I guess the difference is that I pluck the weeds when they first sprout that way lol.  Also it keeps me motivated to continue on with difficult tasks like bringing all the rocks to the border around the trees. 

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 2008, 08:30:49 AM »
I guess I don't get out in mine enough, or the weeds wouldn't be taking over... :Blush:

It is just so hard to get out there when you are hot as hades and sweating like a pig. :razberry: I see a positive difference in the areas that I have been weeding since we have had cooler weather lately.

I am not a morning person, so going out before noon doesn't work too well for me. I like to go out in the evenings... :grinnnn:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #3 on: Aug 22, 2008, 08:44:26 AM »
Not an effort to me. Every evening we go on the 'garden tour' to see whats blooming or ripening new. I'll bend and grab a weed here and there and therefore I rarely have any major weeding to do.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #4 on: Aug 22, 2008, 12:27:57 PM »
I do go and LOOK at my garden daily, often several times a day but I do not work on it daily.  I guess it would keep down on the weeds if I picked a few as I went along.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal