Author Topic: Strawberry Tree  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
Strawberry Tree
« on: Aug 21, 2008, 09:40:54 PM »
I friend of mine gave me a couple of small strawberry trees. I gave one of them to a dear friend and relative. I kept the other, and so far it is doing good.

The one he had was huge. He says that you can actually eat the strawberrys, but most people use them to make jam.

Do any of you have a strawberry tree, and if you do does the fruit actually taste like strawberries?
This is me ->?

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: Strawberry Tree
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2008, 08:10:51 AM »
I look at those all the time on the catalog websites.  I so would like to have one but they are usually zone 7 or higher.  I'm not sure they would survive here and I don't want to get anything that might die. 

I'm curious to know the answer to your question.

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 2008, 12:35:08 PM »
I have never heard of that before but had to look it up.  Wiki has some info on it and did you know that the tree along with a bear are the symbol of Madrid?

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: Aug 22, 2008, 01:29:57 PM »
This dear friend and relative thanks you for her strawberry tree, Aunt Bonnie! :kissies: I was hoping someone had one so they could tell us about it... :grinnnn:

If we get strawberries off of those trees, you are going to have to teach me to make jam... :)
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal