Author Topic: Purple Smoke Tree  (Read 1875 times)

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Purple Smoke Tree
« on: Sep 07, 2008, 12:07:20 PM »
I bought a purple smoke tree at the beginning of Spring. It has grown from four inches tall to four feet and I am getting ready to plant it in the ground. I am wondering if it is a deciduous tree or does it keep its' leaves? I am thinking about planting it in the pond area and really do not need to have leaves falling in the pond... :grinnnn:

I really wish I had bought more than one when I got this. It is a beautiful tree and the price was right for my slim wallet... :BigGrin:

Thanks in advance for any answers... :thx:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: Purple Smoke Tree
« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2008, 05:45:56 AM »
Hey Dianna that wasn't easy information to find but yes they do drop their leaves in the winter.  That's probably not the information that you wanted but that's what I found reference to.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #2 on: Sep 09, 2008, 06:28:12 AM »
Thanks for the answer, Tammy, even though it wasn't what I wanted to hear. I really wanted this tree out by the pond, but I guess I will figure out another spot for it... :grinnnn:

"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline yezitis

« Reply #3 on: Sep 09, 2008, 06:58:51 AM »
Dianna, did you get the one with the blood red leaves or the green?  I saw those alot up north here at the home centers this year, my oldest put one in too in her yard  and our neighbors have a dark one, an interesting tree once they get going!
« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2008, 07:04:58 AM by yezitis »

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 09, 2008, 07:11:41 AM »
It has the red leaves, Yezitis, and it is a beautiful little tree. I can't wait until it starts smoking! :giggle: I wonder how old they have to be to do that? :ScratchHead:

Offline yezitis

« Reply #5 on: Sep 10, 2008, 07:41:13 AM »
I think it likes to *smoke* :lightcig: in summer, so maybe next year, he'll produce a few puffs!     :laughmao:

There is a house not far from us that has a red/purple one on one side of the front of their house and a green one on the otherside. Although they look nice, I prefer the red/purple ..... 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal