Author Topic: A Church Project  (Read 2529 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
A Church Project
« on: Oct 01, 2008, 08:20:11 AM »
I just found out that the ladies at my church are making an afgan for the disadvantaged.  I guess Michael's Crafts is sponsoring it. 

We are going to be sewing the squares together this evening so I'm going to go and help out.  There are no street lights out here and it gets pitch black.  So pray for me at 8:30 p.m. EST please.  Cause I'm going to be in the dark literally. 

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
Re: A Church Project
« Reply #1 on: Oct 01, 2008, 11:22:41 AM »
A great project Tammy.  I am sure you will have a good time and know you will make it home safe.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #2 on: Oct 02, 2008, 06:39:35 AM »
Only 2 of us showed up so I'm very glad I went.  I brought home the afgan.  We got all the blocks stiched into rows and now I'm putting the rows together.  Then I'll put a border around the whole thing to finish it and take it back to the compassionate coordinator.  At least I think that's her title.

I did well driving but forgot to leave my porch light on.  That was a bit of a problem.  But, everything worked out.  I'm very pleased.

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #3 on: Oct 02, 2008, 11:40:47 AM »
Glad it all went well.  I am sorry that more people did not show up.

Do you have on your list a motion sensor light?  That may be a good thing to have to light up your way to the door even if you do forget to leave the porch light on.  And it would not stay on all of the time, but only when needed.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #4 on: Oct 02, 2008, 11:50:22 AM »
I have one on the garage and one on the back deck.  If I didn't I'd never have gotten in the house last night.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #5 on: Oct 05, 2008, 04:57:03 AM »
The afgan is finished and I managed to make about 6 more blocks to turn in as well.  I was tempted to take the bits and pieces and see if I could do more blocks but they belong to Shauna so I didn't.  She might have another project to use them on.

Now I'm in the mood to do crafts.  Hope I can focus it into usable things.  I don't have any money to waste on "fun" projects.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal