Author Topic: The Pot Holders from UGLY  (Read 2536 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
The Pot Holders from UGLY
« on: Oct 09, 2008, 07:08:06 AM »
I had two potholders that had seen better days.  Many better days so I decided to recover them since they were still structurally sound.  I had been thinking of doing the kitchen in desert colors but as I was sifting through the materials at Wal-Mart I found a fall maple leaf pattern that I just loved.  So that's the material I'm taking my colors from for the kitchen.  There is a golden/mustard yellow, a rusty orange, and burgandy and both forest and olive greens in it as well as a metalic gold.  And the background is cream.  And the thing I like most about the colors are that they make the woodwork blend in, in the kitchen.  I hate to say it but trailer fake wood isn't pretty in my opinion.  These colors make it look much better than it did with just the forest green counters in the kitchen.

Offline Tonya

Re: The Pot Holders from UGLY
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2008, 08:06:28 AM »
You sure have been busy with your new place and I just love the colors!! We gotta figure out a way to get some pics up for you!!

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2008, 08:08:01 AM »
I love those colors, too! :grinnnn:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #3 on: Oct 09, 2008, 06:43:05 PM »
Well call me lazy but I just haven't been tempted to hook up the new computer again and try it.  But as soon as I get a mouse and new pad for it I'll try again.  With fingers, eyes and legs and toes crossed for luck.

Offline Tonya

« Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 2008, 07:24:38 AM »
Lazy is not a word I would use to describe you! We'll get pics when we get em...I am just NOT a patient person. :giggle:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2008, 06:02:14 AM »
Oh I can be lazy when it comes to doing something that I find difficult or don't have much confidence doing.  But I'm getting closer.  I bought the mouse yesterday while I was out and about.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal