Author Topic: 10 year plan for the house (Decorating)  (Read 2393 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
10 year plan for the house (Decorating)
« on: Oct 09, 2008, 06:58:36 PM »
  I already mentioned in another post that the colors for the kitchen are going to be a mustard yellow, rusty orange, burgandy, olive & forest green and metalic gold.  This is what I'm planning.

Paint the walls mustard yellow (since I already have some paint that color)

Do a splash guard using wood (tiles that I'll cut into 8 inch blocks and bevel the edges.  Then I'm going to woodburn the maple leaf pattern into the blocks and use golden oak, an orange, and dark redwood stains to add color and interest.

I want a stone floor but that is likely to take a very long time to afford.  Certainly not anytime soon. 

The white door knobs are definitely going away.  Hopefully I can find something with the maple leaf pattern to keep it in the theme with everything else.  If not that then a matching wood so they don't stand out.

My applicances are white and there isn't anything I can do about that. 

But I will make a toaster cover out of the material I found so that at least that applicance looks like it fits in most of the time anyway lol.

And that's it for the kitchen.

The Dinningroom is also getting worked on.  Still at wal-mart I found a striped brocade material in Scarlet, Olive Green and Antique Gold that is just to die for.  So those are the colors that are going in there.  And I'm going West Indies Classical in there.  So I'm using the wicker chargers, wicker placemats, clear dishes, white linen table cloth short, napkins out of my inspiration material and the braided wicker bread basket lined with material from the inspiration material.  That a tall copper pitcher and a decorated wooden bowl with lid make the center piece.  The wooden Secretary dosn't look to bad in there either.  Neither does the burgandy reference table or the rust chairs although I would like to cover those with the inspiration material so that the chrome legs don't show.  But the material is 8.00 per yard so I may not be able to do that.

As I mentioned the Livingroom is getting an afgan when I get the time and money.

But at least I have a plan.

And that's as far as I've gotten so far.

kratz7

Re: 10 year plan for the house (Decorating)
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2008, 08:10:21 PM »
Wow! Duh,

That sounds like alot of work....but I like your color choices. It sounds like it will be very pretty when finished. I wish I lived closer that I could help you put it all together. I would love to see some photos of your progress.

Kratz7

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #2 on: Oct 12, 2008, 05:43:44 AM »
I do have to work on the computer.  But that's not going to happen today.  I'm hoping that when it gets light out I can do most of the deck watersealing since it's suppose to be really nice for the next few days here.  Cross your fingers for me.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #3 on: Nov 17, 2008, 07:42:51 AM »
Hi Kratz7 I had missed your post.  I don't know how I managed that but I did.  Please let me apologize.  I didn't mean to ignore you.

I can't figure out how to get a picture of my kitchen with my camera.  I've been taking pictures of things as I do them hoping that the computer will become useful at some point.  Not yet though.  Dianna and Jim are sending me a cd that might fix the latest problem.  I have my fingers crossed. 

I think I have a solution to the cabinet door problem.  I can't afford several dollars for each knob.  But I saw a program on DIY channel where they used little pieces of branches for the door knobs.  That would work great with my plan for the kitchen I think.  That is if anyone can tell me how to cure the wood so it doesn't fall apart within a year or two.  I love the idea so I hope someone can help me.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal