Author Topic: Tokyo subways  (Read 4092 times)

Offline fallen

• Resident Physicist
Tokyo subways
« on: Jan 24, 2009, 06:00:09 PM »
These subways are old - and have had a dark history sometimes.  Japan is a beautiful countrywith beautiful people and culture, but there is a massive suicide rate here - most commonly by jumping in front of a train (I have seen 2 die that way, some of my colleagues and students have seen far more).

I travel the subways a lot, often at night - and I have seen the shadows in the corner of the eye, usually that is just it - but I have seen on a couple of occasions 'lost souls' - eyes are blank and they tend to appear then disappear quickly.

Not really scary, but saddening.

You can't miss me, I am the tall, cuddly giant with a maniacial physicist look on his face

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Re: Tokyo subways
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2009, 06:03:20 PM »
Very sad. I don't know if I could use the subways to travel if I saw "shadow people"...
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline fallen

• Resident Physicist
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2009, 06:06:39 PM »
shadow people and lost souls tend to be harmless and usually out of sight - but it is the BEKs and demons that people have to watch out for (thankfully I have not encountered them)
You can't miss me, I am the tall, cuddly giant with a maniacial physicist look on his face

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2009, 06:26:27 PM »
Damien, what is a BEK?
Dear Lord, On this day, please wrap your arm around my shoulder and keep your hand over my mouth.  Amen

Offline fallen

• Resident Physicist
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2009, 06:31:21 PM »
a BEK is a Black Eyed Kid - where their eyes are completely black,often o be considered to be a demon

Offline Jayrod1972

« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2009, 11:57:49 PM »
BEK is like that kid in the movie "The Grudge", if I remember correctly it comes before the actual spirit and isnt a good sign, If you seen the movie its a real scary thing to see even on screen. It gave me the heebie jibbies. :SmileyFear:
“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me”

Offline fallen

• Resident Physicist
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2009, 04:34:37 AM »
yes, that is quite right - and that movie is based on a legend here - they are seen everywhere in Japan.

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #7 on: Jan 27, 2009, 01:44:17 PM »
Oh just thinking about that movie gives me the heebie jeebies.  Those are the kinds of movies that have me looking over my shoulder for days.  I think if I ever saw a BEK, I would turn tail and run. 

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal