Author Topic: House Plants  (Read 11408 times)

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
House Plants
« on: Apr 13, 2007, 09:22:01 PM »
Okay, show me your house plants. I don't really have a lot but I will show you mine, then you can show me yours. teehee.

I have a few spider plants that have lots of babies.

« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2007, 09:48:31 PM by Dianna »
This is me ->?

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
Re: House Plants
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2007, 09:45:08 PM »
I have three pineapple plants. This is one of them

Creepin' Charlie

« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2007, 09:51:44 PM by Dianna »
This is me ->?

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2007, 09:50:13 PM »

This is me ->?

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 13, 2007, 09:52:17 PM »

Kitchen Flowers

« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2007, 10:15:06 PM by Dianna »
This is me ->?

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #4 on: Apr 13, 2007, 10:15:01 PM »
This is a couple of my voodoo plants. I added some phoney pink ones, just because I wanted to.

This is me ->?

plants n pots

« Reply #5 on: Apr 13, 2007, 10:59:35 PM »
Bonnie - they all look so healthy!
And I just love all your ceramic planters - they are so unique and pretty!

Offline Tonya

« Reply #6 on: Apr 14, 2007, 08:01:13 AM »
Beautiful plants Bonnie!! I don't think I have ever seen a Voodoo plant. It is so cool!! I almost bought a pineapple the other day to start a pineapple plant- did you start your own or did you buy the plant?? Was that a Wandering Jew I saw in the next to last pic on the left side? I thought they were outdoor plants.

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #7 on: Apr 14, 2007, 08:46:26 PM »
Thanks ladies.

I bought one pineapple plant but started the other two that I have.

Tonya, I think that plant is some type of Wandering Jew, but I'm not sure. I have some growing outside as well as inside. I have three that are growing in jars of water like the one below.

As for the Voodoo plant. I'm not sure if that is the real name of it. My son works at the prison here and they have a plant sale every year. The plants are grown by the inmates as well as veggies and stuff that they eat. The proceeds go to buy more seeds and other garden needs.

I bought a Banana Tree, Ornemental Pepper and the plant that they called a Voodoo plant.

Bonnie
This is me ->?

Offline Tonya

« Reply #8 on: Apr 14, 2007, 10:26:59 PM »
I just traded my pothos/philo in water to a friend of mine for her mopping my kitchen(Doug spilled KoolAid on my kitchen floor and I didn't want to mop and she offered). I accepted and paid her with that one, an aloe, a few starts off of a "carrion" cactus that angelblossom sent me and a baby AV that I grew from a leaf in water. Made Doug happy and I didn't have to mop.....I so need to get her phone number.  ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2007, 09:50:35 PM by Dianna »

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #9 on: Jun 08, 2007, 10:38:18 AM »
I don't have pictures but I do have houseplants.  I have an av that I need to find a shadier spot for. 

An epi that should bloom this year if it stops growing new arms everywhere.  I've never see a plant so determined to quadruple in size in no time that this one.  I'm looking forward to seeing it bloom.

A groundcover succulent that is pink, white and green.

A jade of course

A purple passion

3 orchids

a kalanchoe

A croton

and one oxlias (shamrock)  Purple and Green with pink flowers.

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
« Reply #10 on: Dec 06, 2007, 07:11:24 PM »
Here's a shot of part of the window in my bathroom, which is surrounded by hoyas. Only since putting them in this window have they started blooming:

My staghorn fern:

And this is one of my kitchen windows:

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
    • My blog
« Reply #11 on: Dec 06, 2007, 09:42:49 PM »
This is the kitchen window behind the sink:

And the nook in the kitchen, where the majority of my plants live to grow up:

And my oldest houseplant. I've had him for years, since he was 6" tall:

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #12 on: Dec 06, 2007, 09:46:57 PM »
Goodness gracious, Sarah! You really do live in a jungle! :laugh1: I love it!

I can't wait to show Megan this topic... ;)

Beautiful plants, but I am wondering where you all "live" in the house now... :D

You will be needing a bigger house before long.... :grinnnn:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
    • My blog
« Reply #13 on: Dec 06, 2007, 09:55:41 PM »
If I could keep a room clean for more than two minutes I would post pics of the house.  There is still plenty of room for more plants! :BigGrin:

This is the back wall of my dining room, where I keep some of my AV's:

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #14 on: Dec 06, 2007, 09:58:27 PM »
How long does it take you to get all of those plants watered, Sarah? And how often do you have to water them?

I really need to post some pics of my houseplants, too, but will wait until during the day to take pictures. One of these days, I hope to accomplish the "jungle" look, too! :grinnnn:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
    • My blog
« Reply #15 on: Dec 06, 2007, 10:06:16 PM »
Most of the little plants are in the kitchen, and it takes me about ten minutes every ten days or so to water them, but my house is humid due to all the fish tanks.

The plants in big pots get waterer every time I do a water change on a freshwater tank, so once a week or so.

I started with a few tiny plants 7 years ago. Through cuttings from friends and keeping an eye out for neat starter size plants, my collection has grown to the size it is today.

My best tip for happy plants is to not over-pot them. Almost all houseplants are very happy being root-bound. Even when I repot a plant, I make sure not to put it into a pot that is bigger than an inch or two of the old pot.

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #16 on: Dec 06, 2007, 10:31:06 PM »
I love all of your plants you two and cannot believe I have not found this topic before hand.  Now I have two things I need to take pics of, my collections and my plants.  Guess I should get to it...

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #17 on: Dec 06, 2007, 11:56:00 PM »
I am glad this got brought to the top so I can share.

This is Dan's desk in our bedroom. 

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #18 on: Dec 07, 2007, 12:20:45 AM »
And my bathroom, there are a lot of these so they are clickable.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #19 on: Dec 07, 2007, 02:09:42 AM »
Wow! I love all those plants....

Maybe Aunt Bonnie should have entitled this topic "Show Me Your Jungle"!

I love her spider plant that has all those babies hanging from it. She has quite a few plants in her home, too. I am thankful she got me started with the gardening bug....
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2007, 02:14:35 AM by Dianna »

Offline patches

« Reply #20 on: Dec 07, 2007, 02:35:08 AM »
Boy, Sarah & Triss, all your plants are gorgeous! :Wow: They sure look like they get a lot of tender loving care.  ;)  Geesh, you both must get a lot of sunlight in your homes to have all those beautiful plants growing like the do.  :yesssss:  Sarah, I really love the staghorn fern. :wink5:
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2007, 02:42:42 AM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #21 on: Dec 07, 2007, 11:57:52 AM »
I love my spiders as well.  They started out as lil starts from Patty and now I have them in several places.  They seem to love the bathroom.

Patti, I have a great skylight and lots of mirrors in my bathroom to reflect all of the light.  It sure makes for a perfect greenhouse for my plants in there.

Offline patches

« Reply #22 on: Dec 07, 2007, 04:28:48 PM »
Well, that explains it Triss, I used to have two skylights in the family room at my other house and it was great!  :yesssss: The room had a pitched ceiling, so I could have both my ficus trees in there and bring in my tropical Hibiscus tree in the winter.  :Yahoo: 
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #23 on: Dec 07, 2007, 04:30:41 PM »
I would be lost without that skylight, I absolutely love it and will put on in any room that does not have enough light when I buy a house.  My FIL liked the light in the bathroom so much, he put a skylight in their interior bathroom and it sure makes a huge difference.

Offline patches

« Reply #24 on: Dec 07, 2007, 05:12:16 PM »
I know what you mean, Triss, and I've noticed they are becoming  very popular around here.  ;)  I had mine put in about 1985, and I really wish I would have had them put one in the kitchen and both bathrooms too, while they were doing it!  :idea: I guess until mine were in and I was living with them every day, I didn't realize just how much more light they would provide. :yesssss:  Of course, by that time, I didn't have any desire to go back and deal with all the mess of havng everything torn up again.  :thpullhairout:

Spider plants are so pretty and it's a lot of fun making babies from them to share with others.   ;)  I used to make a lot of them and pot them up for prizes when the school had their Penny Carnival for the kids every year.   :Whis: I remember one time when my son was in 1st or 2nd grade and he won five them for me and he was so  proud of them!  :yesssss: I never did tell him they were the same ones I had taken to the school earlier in the week.   :smileyNo:
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2007, 05:26:33 PM by patches »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal