Author Topic: A Warning From Jimmy (JV)  (Read 1785 times)

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
A Warning From Jimmy (JV)
« on: Feb 23, 2009, 09:23:42 PM »
I just got off the phone with Jimmy (JV) and he asked me to pass on a message to all of his friends. He has contracted a virus on his computer that came from some type of "fan" email. He asks that all of you not open anything that you receive from him until he gets this problem settled. In the title line, it may have a hug, kiss, or such from Jimmy. You do not want that hug or kiss. He has been having lots of problems with his computer since he opened up a kiss from a fan... :(

I tried to do some research on this so I could share more with all of you on what this type of virus is, but couldn't find anything in particular. It seems to be a spam virus that harvests email addresses out of your address book and then sends spam and such to your contacts. Maybe Jim will be able to find out more about it and share how to repair it if you contract the virus accidentally...
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
Re: A Warning From Jimmy (JV)
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2009, 09:36:38 PM »
Oh yuck.  Dan had one of those about a year ago, something similar, and it was a pain to get rid of.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal