Author Topic: April 15th Tea Party  (Read 3453 times)

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
April 15th Tea Party
« on: Apr 14, 2009, 09:46:59 PM »
The April 15 Tea Party seems to be on all the news programs. I was just wondering if any of you were planning to attend one. I would love to go, but the one in Charleston is downtown, and I have no desire to go downtown alone.
This is me ->?

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
Re: April 15th Tea Party
« Reply #1 on: Apr 14, 2009, 11:40:56 PM »
I only heard a little blurb or two. Our news is not making a big deal out of it. I have no idea where/when one would be in my area. I certainly wouldn't drive into Los Angeles for it.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: Apr 15, 2009, 07:28:34 AM »
For those of us who have no idea what Aunt Bonnie is talking about, here is some more information. I didn't have a clue when I originally read the topic until I saw a little "spot" on the news about it last night and this morning... :Blush:

On the site (at the top right) there is a place where you can click to get info for your state... :grinnnn:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #3 on: Apr 15, 2009, 03:25:55 PM »
I had no idea about this either.  The closest one to me is an hour away at the Capitol and started a half hour ago.  I am eager to see if the local news is going to cover this.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #4 on: Apr 16, 2009, 04:03:34 PM »
I guess I listen to the news too much. I have heard about it day after day hour by hour.
Anyway, I think the protesters had good intentions, but it has been turned into a far left, far right thing by the media.
This is me ->?

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2010, 02:51:21 PM »
I couldn't click on the local button it was stuck behind the banner.  I guess they are having some technical difficulties. 

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2010, 08:01:10 PM »
It was probably done on purpose as this thread is a year old. They may not have "local" events at this point. They do have a lot of information.
Dear Lord, On this day, please wrap your arm around my shoulder and keep your hand over my mouth.  Amen

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal