Author Topic: Creative Home Arts Club  (Read 2415 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Creative Home Arts Club
« on: May 14, 2009, 06:43:24 AM »
I received this really cool book from the club mentioned in the title.  It has among other things decorative trays.  I can't wait to try making one.  Of course I may have to get a circular saw to go with the jig saw before I can pull it off.  But I'm still very excited.  Anyone else ever made any wood projects with different colors of stains and templates?

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
Re: Creative Home Arts Club
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 09:00:03 PM »
I am not craft in any way but envy those of you who are.  How did you learn to use a jig saw?  I don't even know what it looks like.

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 08:45:49 AM »
You can probably buy a ready to finish wooden tray at a store such as Michaels or Hobby Lobby.
I've done painting on wood, plaques, tissue boxes... and am going to try my hand at painting bird house gourds this summer.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 06:35:12 AM »
I'm learning to use a jig saw.  It's a lot of reading and then experimenting.  I just felt I had to move on from the textiles.  I wanted to do something in the hardscape area.  And I love wood and have places for pieces of furniture.  This is kind of my kicking off place.

Good luck with the bird house gourds.  I've read up on working with them but I was put off by their short life span.  It seems like a lot of work to loose within a year or two.

Some of the wood burning designs on them are gorgeous though.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal