Author Topic: A Mirror & Double Backed Tape  (Read 2025 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
A Mirror & Double Backed Tape
« on: Jun 11, 2009, 06:32:11 AM »
My Trailer has a mirror in the entry hall that came with the trailer.  it's framed in the same cheap molding that they use around the ceiling.  I hate it.  But I couldn't figure out how to get it down.  It seemed stuck to the wall. 

Yesterday I took the molding off which was tacked to the wall with brads every other inch and still the mirror was firmly attached to the wall.  So I took my french knife and jimmied between the mirror and the wall.  Well I got the mirror off in about 1000 pieces.  And I cut myself a number of times in the process.  It was on there with double back tape.  And they had put it all around the mirror.  So now I am in the process of trying to scrape off the tape from the wall board without destroying the wallboard.

I'm sure there was a better way to handle this and just incase anyone else tries it I thought I would see if anyone knows of that better way.  I can prove that I don't   :Whis:

Or if you know of a simple way to get the tape off without damaging the wall board that would be great too.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Re: A Mirror & Double Backed Tape
« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2009, 07:44:33 AM »
Ouch, Tammy! Sure hope you didn't get any deep cuts... :(

Goo-B-Gone will help you take the tape off but you will need to be careful not to get it into the wallpaper paste or it might take that, too... :scaredy:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: A Mirror & Double Backed Tape
« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2009, 04:37:57 PM »
Well I've got a bucket of mud in case of ooopses.  Thanks for the heads up.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal