Author Topic: Do you love to crochet? knit? quilt? sew?  (Read 2490 times)

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
Do you love to crochet? knit? quilt? sew?
« on: Oct 20, 2009, 09:44:07 AM »
I may have posted about this charity in the past here. I cant remember. With the cold weather coming on and me & my cats snuggling down in our afghans I think of this project and want to remind, or tell people for the first time about it.

Please visit this site;
http://www.snugglesproject.org/

Then go to the directory of shelters involved;
http://www.h4ha.org/shelter-directory/index.php

{{quote}}Do you love to crochet? knit? quilt? sew?
The Snuggles Project was founded by our president and founder, Rae French, in 1996 because of her heartfelt need to do something for the innocent victims who find themselves in animal shelters without a bit of comfort to call their own. Picturing them in their hard cold cells made her heart ache to do something to help. So she got the idea of security blankets for shelter animals. The security blankets are called "Snuggles." Each animal would get a Snuggle to cuddle up with to feel warmth and comfort. Most shelter animals are kept in areas with stainless steel braces and hard plastic flooring or even bare concrete floors. The Snuggles would allow them to have a little reprieve from the coldness of the pen they are kept in.

« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2009, 09:45:48 AM by Wrennie »

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Jessica

Re: Do you love to crochet? knit? quilt? sew?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2009, 10:55:19 AM »
What a neat charity!  Thanks for the info, Wrennie!

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2009, 11:19:11 AM »
This is a real good cause, Wrennie. I don't see well enough to crochet anymore, and I never was very good at it.
This is me ->?

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2009, 09:16:23 AM »
Bonnie, you can get a piece of fleece and cut out squares. Tada, instant blankie!!

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2009, 09:38:30 AM »
Good idea,Wrennie
This is me ->?

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2009, 10:48:30 PM »
I can't believe my local shelter (or one anywhere near me) is not participating in this program!!

Jessica

« Reply #6 on: Oct 26, 2009, 09:18:53 AM »
Sarah...maybe you can contact them and see if they need them anyway.  I wouldn't think they would turn them down but you never know I guess.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal