Author Topic: Drunken Mushroon and Onions  (Read 1719 times)

Offline Skhilled

• Retro Gamer!
Drunken Mushroon and Onions
« on: Jul 26, 2009, 04:03:06 PM »
This is great as a topping for burgers, etc. But can also be used for whatever you like mushrooms and onions on. Also great for stuffed items. You can also make this without onions or you can use peppers and/or garlic. I'd add the garlic near the last 2 minutes of frying to not burn them. ;)

1 8oz. package of sliced or whole mushrooms (buttons or whatever you like). If whole, you'll need to slice them.

enough wine to cover the ingredients wine, no more than one cup unless you are making a large batch. (see below)

1 tbsp of butter.

1 tbsp of cooking oil, your choice.

1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.

1/2 tsp of onion powder. (optional)

1/4 tsp of garlic powder. (optional)

Heat the pan on med-high heat. Saute the mushrooms and onions for about 5 minutes in the butter. You only want to fry them until the mushrooms release their juices.

Add the wine making sure you add enough to almost cover it. Heat on high until a gentle boil then reduce to a simmer. Cook until all liquid is gone and the mushrooms and onions are frying.

Fry until they are browned a bit but not hard or crunchy.

Experiment with different herbs and spices as well as different wines. Maybe even a little hot sauce.

Different wines will give different tastes.
Red wine=strong, bold taste.
Sherry=milder, sweeter taste.
White=mild but tangy taste.
Use wine according to the type of meat or fish you are having.

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
Re: Drunken Mushroon and Onions
« Reply #1 on: Jul 26, 2009, 09:18:46 PM »
Can this be omitted?

1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
This is me ->?

Offline Skhilled

• Retro Gamer!
« Reply #2 on: Jul 29, 2009, 08:41:50 AM »
Sure, I just happen to like the stuff. LOL

It's not needed and like I said, you can add (or omit) whatever you choose. I got the idea from watching an episode of Emeril Live. He did something similar but added it to a dish he was making. I just did something different cause I couldn't remember everything he did and missed part of it. LOL

Originally, I didn't add the Worcestershire sauce, onion and garlic powder. Then I started experimenting with different things. fresh thyme also works well with this.

Don't be afraid to try different things or experiment. You'll never know when you'll make a new "Family Favorite". :)

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #3 on: Jul 29, 2009, 09:55:59 AM »
Yummy, another good one.

Offline Skhilled

• Retro Gamer!
« Reply #4 on: Jul 30, 2009, 08:59:53 AM »
Thanks, Penny. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal