Author Topic: A few of my projects.  (Read 3196 times)

Offline laura

A few of my projects.
« on: Sep 30, 2009, 03:19:18 PM »
I thought I'd share a few of the things that I have going on right now.  The blanket is taking a while, but it's a double treble stitch and it's huge.  I like the look of it and it's making the rows tall so it shouldn't take so long to finish up.  I've been working on it a lot lately.  It's sage fleck and buff fleck yarns.

Over the summer while Athena was here she found a few rocks and we were going to paint them together but didn't have time.  So I painted hers for her.  Nothing elaborate.  I just like to paint things---even rocks.  Painting things relaxes me.....

Also I got a wooden keyholder at Walmart the other day and painted it for my brothers new apartment.  So he has a place to hang his keys up when he comes home.  I still need to touch of the words with the paint pen and then coat it with sealer.

And lastly, I found a TON of wooden candle holders for 50 cents each...so I got 4 sets of them and I'm decorating them for Christmas for my friends.  I'm nowhere near done them yet. 

Jessica

Re: A few of my projects.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 30, 2009, 03:21:27 PM »
Love the afghan.  The colors are awesome!  Is that for yourself?

I bet Athena will love the rock.  That is something I should do with Tristen.  What kind of paint did you use?

Cool key holder! 

The candle holders look great so far.  Can't wait to see then finished!

Offline laura

« Reply #2 on: Sep 30, 2009, 03:30:23 PM »
Thanks Jess.  The afghan is actually for my best friend for Christmas.  I've made EVERYONE one but her.  So this is her turn.  Although Mark likes it and tried to talk me into keeping it.  I will alternate the sage and buff colors.  I like them.  Neutral.

I used acrylic paint and sealed it--the rock.  Got some sticky wooden things...butterflies, flowers, etc.  Had to glue a butterfly on there.  :smile:

I love having a bunch of projects going on at once.  I figure the candlesticks--the tall ones---will look cool with big long snowmen on them. 

I like making a few things for people at Christmas.  To go with all the store junk I buy.  Seems like people really love the homemade stuff best.

Jessica

« Reply #3 on: Sep 30, 2009, 03:34:13 PM »
I agree about the homemade stuff.  I always make some homemade stuff for Christmas gifts.  So much more thought and time gets put into them. :ThumbUp:

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #4 on: Sep 30, 2009, 04:51:48 PM »
That blanket is going to be gorgeous.

Offline laura

« Reply #5 on: Sep 30, 2009, 05:04:43 PM »
Thank you Sheri.   I do still have a few things to send to you btw---I haven't forgotten.  I just want to get a few more things for the box first. 

Jess, a few years ago one of my friends was REALLY upset that she didn't get her one homemade gift.  She gave me a hard time about it.  This year I made her a scarf!   :grinnnn:

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #6 on: Sep 30, 2009, 06:10:29 PM »
Laura, wow!  You are talented!!  I really like the colors in your afghan, I've been leaning towards green stuff a lot recently.  And the snowmen are fantastic!

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: Sep 30, 2009, 09:12:49 PM »
love seeing your work!
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #8 on: Sep 30, 2009, 09:24:49 PM »
The blanket is beautiful, Laura. And I love the colors, too. :grinnnn:

The rock projects would be a great way to mark flowers in your garden. I might have to try my hand at that. Athena's rock is so pretty... :Wow:

The key holder and the candle holders are cute, too... :ThumbUp:

You are very talented. I will be looking forward to seeing more of your work...
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #9 on: Sep 30, 2009, 10:06:23 PM »
I love it all, Laura. I may take up some rock painting.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline laura

« Reply #10 on: Oct 01, 2009, 08:28:34 AM »
Rock painting is fun and FREE for the most part, except for the paint of course.  I will take a few photo's of the other rocks I've painted.  One for me and one for mom.  Did them a few years ago.  Thanks for all the nice comments.  I mean I'm not super talented or anything, I just enjoy painting stuff.  Anything really.   Metal stuff, wood, ceramic, doesn't matter. If I can paint it I will.  :smile:

As far as the afghan goes I'm a huge green person.   Most of my house is centered around green colors.  So I tend to gravitate towards it.  My best friends couch is sage green though so I think it will work good with it. 

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #11 on: Oct 01, 2009, 08:32:37 AM »
rock painting will be great for my grand children to do.  They love to paint and we can make a mess doing it outside.

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #12 on: Oct 02, 2009, 07:23:31 AM »
Great stuff Laura.....seeing you paint the candle sticks makes me want to start painting again.

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #13 on: Oct 03, 2009, 03:38:40 PM »
Wonderful projects Laura.  I like the colors on your afghan.  It does look big!  The candlesticks are an awesome idea that I will have to keep in mind.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #14 on: Oct 22, 2009, 08:38:26 AM »
Nice stuff!
Whats a double treble?

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal