Author Topic: How's your weather #9  (Read 10374 times)

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
Re: How's your weather #9
« Reply #75 on: Jan 05, 2010, 08:19:18 PM »
You get a heatwave with snow tomorrow, Jess. What kind of accumulation are they expecting?
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Jessica

« Reply #76 on: Jan 05, 2010, 09:34:27 PM »
This is from a local meteorologist:

Finally something other than bitter cold to talk about....first we'll talk snow and then we will return to bitter cold chatter! A low pressure center will push through southern Minnesota Wednesday. Snow showers will push from western Minnesota through central and eastern Minnesota throughout the day Wednesday. Southwestern Minnesota could potentially get up to 6" of snow by late Wednesday. Most areas around the metro will recieve 1"-2" of fluffy snow. The arctic air that is over us will make for some very light snow and that will pose a problem by the time we get to Wednesday afternoon. Winds behind this front will usher in a new fresh batch of arctic air. Blowing and drifting will become an issue over most of southern Minnesota later Wednesday. Temperatures will not budge much Thursday or Friday. There is some relief in site with the arctic air retreating by the time we reach Sunday. Belinda Jensen

Where I live, I would say I will get from 2 - 6".

Jessica

« Reply #77 on: Jan 05, 2010, 09:35:29 PM »
Oh yeah, big heat wave with that snow. :giggle:

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #78 on: Jan 05, 2010, 09:55:57 PM »
As cold-natured as I have been, I would be moving... :giggle:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #79 on: Jan 05, 2010, 10:10:51 PM »
Yea yea... but I'm in Fla. It's not supposed to be that cold here, especially not for 10 days in a row.

The 50 or so star lily plants at my office have all wilted and are laying on the ground dead.
Dear Lord, On this day, please wrap your arm around my shoulder and keep your hand over my mouth.  Amen

Jessica

« Reply #80 on: Jan 05, 2010, 10:11:37 PM »
:laughmao:  I have thought about it, Dianna.  I even said out loud today.  Then I said, but then I would complain that I was too hot. :giggle:

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #81 on: Jan 06, 2010, 07:05:56 AM »
 -9 here and snowing.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #82 on: Jan 06, 2010, 07:23:30 AM »
 :freezin:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #83 on: Jan 06, 2010, 07:32:21 AM »
A slight chance of snow showers before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30. Northwest wind between 13 and 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

I dont know what the temp is out right now. Cant be much

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline UNCLEG

« Reply #84 on: Jan 07, 2010, 02:27:05 PM »
I'm Southern and to me its cold as a monkey here in SC....How can you tell if a monkey is cold??  He wears a fur coat :laughmao:
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2010, 08:56:05 AM by UNCLEG »

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #85 on: Jan 07, 2010, 02:38:45 PM »
It is 11:37 am  my time. It is 70* on my shady back porch. I had to come in to cool off after working outside. I will be complaining of the cold soon enough, this won't last.

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #86 on: Jan 07, 2010, 02:42:45 PM »
I posted the weather somewhere I thought.  It's the nicest day we've had in a while sunny, only slight wind, it was cold at 19 degrees but didn't feel so cold but yet today they are calling for snow flurries.  I don't want it to snow on our only beautiful day in a while.

Jessica

« Reply #87 on: Jan 07, 2010, 02:45:06 PM »
It is cold and snowy.  Not as cold as it had been though.  The road reports are not looking good right now.  Not sure how much longer I will stay at work.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #88 on: Jan 07, 2010, 03:29:47 PM »
Safe travels on your way home, Jessica... :angel2:

Lagree, you are a mess! hysteria

It is a beautiful day here with 55° as the temperature. It is supposed to snow tonight between 10 pm and 4 am.... ::)

Offline wimc

• www.fnctn.net
« Reply #89 on: Jan 07, 2010, 04:47:20 PM »
Sunny and windy, 35°F.

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #90 on: Jan 07, 2010, 07:03:36 PM »
It actually warmed up to 58 here today. A nice change. Two weeks ago I would have called it freezing cold. lol. Supposed to start raining shortly and will get down to 29 tonight and we are supposed to get a "wintery mix" in the wee hours. Then tomorrow and the weekend is supposed to be even colder than the past week. Looking forward to it - NOT.
Dear Lord, On this day, please wrap your arm around my shoulder and keep your hand over my mouth.  Amen

Offline wimc

• www.fnctn.net
« Reply #91 on: Jan 07, 2010, 07:59:51 PM »
Getting cloudy, quite windy, 34°F, news says we have a slight chance of freezing rain tonight, sure hope not.

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #92 on: Jan 07, 2010, 10:27:58 PM »
Looking online it's snowing at my house but in my yard it's not.

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #93 on: Jan 07, 2010, 10:36:59 PM »
That happens a lot here as well.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #94 on: Jan 08, 2010, 07:11:23 AM »
-9 here and snowing

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #95 on: Jan 08, 2010, 08:03:40 AM »
It is 37° here already and the high today is supposed to be only 40... ::)

I don't see any snow this morning, so I am very happy about that... :BigGrin:

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #96 on: Jan 08, 2010, 09:35:45 AM »
It is 60* outside my back door right now at 6:30 in the morning. The sun is beginning to rise and a stong-ish wind is blowing. The wind is a bummer for my plans for the day.

Offline wimc

• www.fnctn.net
« Reply #97 on: Jan 08, 2010, 09:45:09 AM »
Cloudy and windy, 33°F. No freezing rain, so far, may had some further east.

Offline wimc

• www.fnctn.net
« Reply #98 on: Jan 08, 2010, 01:43:44 PM »
32°F, windy, freezing rain has come, cars and truck are icy, porch has some, road seems fine for now. Down the road 2 or 3 miles may have alot, usually does.

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #99 on: Jan 08, 2010, 05:02:22 PM »
Our high tempt today was at about 5 a.m. It went down hill from there. We almost got back up to 40. But windchill has been in the 20s all day.  This is what I have to look forward to this weekend. An update sent to our email at work.

Good Afternoon Everybody:

Just a short note this afternoon to update max/min temperatures and wind chills over the weekend into the early part of next week.

Key Points:

1.Current guidance suggests the following daily temperature extremes and significant wind chill values:

Saturday, Jan 9th
Min Temps: Around 20, Wind Chill: 8-15;
Max Temps: 40-43, Wind Chill: 30-35

Sunday, Jan 10th
Min Temps: Upper Teens, Wind Chill: 5-10; Max Temps: 42-46, Wind Chill: Around 35

Monday, Jan 11th
Min Temps: Mid to Upper Teens, Wind Chill:  Mid Teens; Max Temps: 45-50

Tuesday, Jan 12th
Min Temps: 21-25;  Wind Chill: 20;
Max Temps: 55-60

Wednesday, Jan 13th
Min Temps: 28-31;
Max Temps:  Upper 50s to Lower 60s

2.  Current thinking is a hard freeze each morning through Tuesday morning with milder temperatures beginning during the day on Tuesday.
However, still expecting slightly below normal temperatures each day through the rest of next week with developing low pressure in the western Gulf of Mexico by the weekend. Confidence remains low on the severity.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal