Author Topic: Selling on Etsy  (Read 3332 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Selling on Etsy
« on: Mar 26, 2010, 12:45:43 PM »
I'm really really curious.  Does anyone do this?  I've been tempted by the craft fairs but I know that I could never transport all the stuff out to a fair keep watch on it and then pack it all up and bring it back home etc.  So I'm looking for other possiblities.  E-bay just would not happen with me.  Not that they don't have a great customer base.  It's just not for me.

So I was wondering about Etsy.  Any thoughts?

Jessica

Re: Selling on Etsy
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2010, 12:52:03 PM »
I have not sold on Etsy but love shopping on Etsy.  I believe that Wrennie sells on Etsy.  Hopefully she will come around and let you know what she thinks.

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2010, 01:01:21 PM »
I too love shopping on etsy, and have quite a bit.  :ThumbUp:
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2010, 08:01:27 AM »
Great site, i havent really been on there before, it could become a new favorite for me!!

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2010, 08:50:03 AM »
I have sold on etsy!
I found it to be more user friendly than ebay, on both the buying and selling sides. I haven't done it in a long while. But now that the store is closing again I just might start up again. Go for it Duh!!

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #5 on: Mar 27, 2010, 10:39:57 AM »
I'd rather send the things to you and let you have the shop.  And split the profits on my items with you.  I'm such a chicken.  What kinds of things have you sold on there?  
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2010, 10:54:36 AM by duh »

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #6 on: Apr 08, 2010, 11:27:09 AM »
I've sold draft guards and beaded bracelets.
I don't have time to sell my own stuff much less someone elses. And I'm on slow dial up on an old slow computer. It'd be a huge pia.When I did do it I had the hi-speed computer at work.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: Apr 08, 2010, 11:40:34 AM »
i had to read this 3 times to realize that you were saying "draft guards" not "draft gourds".  for the life of me, i couldn't figure out what a draft gourd was! :giggle:
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #8 on: Apr 08, 2010, 12:32:35 PM »
I have never heard of Etsy. I took a really quick look at the site. Cool.
This is me ->?

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #9 on: Apr 08, 2010, 03:23:42 PM »
I had a list of things I was thinking of making.  Where did it go? 

So it's a pain to do huh?  That's to bad.  I have dial up too.  It's the only option out where I live.  Awe well it probably wouldn't have worked for me anyway.

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #10 on: Apr 09, 2010, 12:45:39 PM »
Its a pain n a crappy computer. On a decent computer its really easy.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #11 on: Apr 09, 2010, 01:10:24 PM »
Well my computer is pretty good but I do have dial up.  It's really slow to load pictures.  I imagine that could be a real pain.

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #12 on: Apr 10, 2010, 09:50:51 AM »
Just to give you an example of how bad mine is, I just loaded 9 pictures, and not huge ones into photobucked, and pm'd them to Laura as thumbnails and it took me 2 hours!!

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #13 on: Apr 10, 2010, 10:58:23 AM »
Wow I think your machine and internet must be worse than mine.  Maybe I better do the etsy and you can sell your stuff at my place lol.

But I don't think I could do the credit cards, or qualify for google pay.  And a person doesn't dare do checks today.  A bad check charge would cost more than the sales. 

How did you handle all of that?

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #14 on: Apr 10, 2010, 01:40:55 PM »
Wow I think your machine and internet must be worse than mine.  Maybe I better do the etsy and you can sell your stuff at my place lol.
:rofl1: sounds like a plan!

It's hard to avoid bad checks. And postal money orders  well they aren't safe anymore either. We had a customer get some fraudulent ones.
Never heard of google pay.
I accept paypal on ebay and etsy (when I do it)That way the customer can do cash check or credit card payment and paypal takes the fees, and of course charges you so remember to add that in the price. You could look into that. I've never had trouble with paypal services. Started with them I believe in '04? '05?

and p.s.
NEVER send an item out until payment has been received and cleared! And ALWAYS use delivery confirmation.
« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2010, 01:43:27 PM by Wrennie »

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #15 on: Apr 10, 2010, 03:51:49 PM »
How do you know the payment has cleared?  Do you insure as well as do the delivery confirmation?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal