Author Topic: 1st Annual SSH Spring Gift Swap  (Read 18149 times)

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
Re: 1st Annual SSH Spring Gift Swap
« Reply #50 on: Feb 18, 2010, 09:14:46 AM »
I would prefer somthing for outdoors, but heck, any gift is always nice.

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #51 on: Feb 18, 2010, 09:19:44 AM »
Yes.  I will like whatever I receive but since we have the chance to mention something we'd like the best, I say why not do it.  Anyway that's what works for me.  I do better buying for people if I have an idea of what that person is interested in getting.  It always has bothered me when I ask someone what they'd like or what they need for a shower, wedding or birthday and they "oh whatever." 

Am I making it too difficult?

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #52 on: Feb 18, 2010, 09:21:47 AM »
No, not at all, and it helps to narrow it down to whatever someone likes.

Me, i am not a knick-knack type of person, so thats why i stay away from indoor stuff like that, i would rather have somthing for outdoors.

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #53 on: Feb 18, 2010, 09:28:13 AM »
I'm posting a question for you in the Spirit Lounge Penny.

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #54 on: Feb 18, 2010, 09:42:11 AM »
I'm posting a question for you in the Spirit Lounge Penny.

Good girl :ThumbUp:.....no hijacking :laughmao:, although it wasnt just you last time was it  :Whis: :Whis: :Whis: :laughmao:

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #55 on: Feb 18, 2010, 10:12:14 AM »
I don't want anything indoors that I have to dust. I did say I like weird stuff. So a gargoyle or a fun birdhouse (outdoor-able) that I can hose off. Tinkling chimes I tend to hang further away from my house because they annoy me. But I have bamboo ones that I love and a lower toned cowbell type that is pretty cool.  I love solar powered anything, nearly. Is that specific enough, Sheri?
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #56 on: Feb 18, 2010, 10:21:04 AM »
Thank you Tina.  And as great minds would have it I also have a lower toned cowbell that is hanging in my yard.

Ginger does not have chimes at all.  She says if they wake her in the night it scares her.  I love chimes.  The chimier the better.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #57 on: Feb 18, 2010, 11:04:12 AM »
You've already got Angel throwing up on you today.

That's enough, isn't it? :grinnnn:

My quote was a direct reply to your reply on Angel throwing up on me. Her throwing up on me was more than enough, thank you. Didn't need you to "sick" your dogs on me at all... hysteria

"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #58 on: Feb 18, 2010, 11:38:22 AM »
Dianna, are you hijacking this thread AGAIN???

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #59 on: Feb 18, 2010, 11:46:25 AM »
Dianna, are you hijacking this thread AGAIN???

It would appear so... :laughmao: :laughmao:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #60 on: Feb 18, 2010, 02:26:19 PM »
lol.

Lets see specific.  Ok a couple of years ago at the Dollar store they had those flower supports with the clay plaques on the top that had pictures of gnomes on them and the wire went around them and did a little swirl on top.  I loved those thought they were great.  [I'm not to much on the ones that look like insects.]  Now if someone wanted to maybe do something with a couple of hangers and some natural objects found around their garden for a flower stake I think that would be fantastic.

Or some of that wire fencing that you can find at the dollar store [about 4 to 6 inches high] that goes around your flower bed that would be fantastic.  In black or white or metal.

Now for railroad spikes they are to heavy to send through the post so I'm going to knock them off of my list.

I lost my paint roller handle so one of those would be a nice gift.  Or a couple of those disposable brushes for cutting in around things would be great for when I stain the deck.  That would be a really nice gift.

Garden Art for the shed.  So far I have two wrought iron plant holders with six inch clay pots in them.  And a 6 foot trellis that sits in an offwhite flower box.  I do have plants to pain that trellis black so it matches the shutters on the house but I didn't get around it last year.  Geeh, wonder how that happened. lol.  So following in my color scheme  Black trim white walls and accent colors or yellow, orange, or red.  Maybe some kind of clock, sundial, sunburst, animal would be fun?

Garden art for the fence.  Each of my fence posts that turn the fence in towards the driveway have little squirels on them.  So maybe little critters that could be running along the fence rails?  Paintable if possible.  Someone painted the existing squirels white when they painted the fence.  As time goes along I want to get out there and paint them so they look natural.  Or at least grey.  They always have things like that at, - oh, what's the name of that catalog where everything used to be 15.99.  I can't remember the name of it now.  I know they have an on-line catalog.  It was a favorite on my old computer before the virus.  The person that made that virus should be shot.  I lost so much.

Well hopefully there is enough on that list that something will look like a good choice.  If not use your imagination lol.

Gazing balls are pretty much all the same right?

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #61 on: Feb 18, 2010, 02:37:39 PM »
That is a nice list, Tammy.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #62 on: Feb 18, 2010, 07:24:09 PM »
Tammy, I think you need a gift certificate to Lowe's. :BigGrin:

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #63 on: Feb 18, 2010, 08:41:59 PM »
for me, i'm not doing a lot of gardening, but i like hanging baskets, and those i can do on the fly, or in the house and make someone else put them outside for me.  so most of what i am doing this year is container gardening.

i think i'm over dust catchers, although a lot of what was intended to go outside has become somewhat of an inside dust catcher.  oh well, i like my dust catchers.  just don't want any more.  i like cheap t-shirts, the souvenir kind, that the neck stretches out really fast.  because of the neck doesn't, i can't/won't wear them.  i collect shot glasses.  i love wind chimes, of all kinds.  i love the color blue, nearly every shade except navy/very dark.  i think most of this is in additon to what i already said.  but correct me if i'm wrong.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #64 on: Feb 19, 2010, 07:05:17 AM »
This thread seems to be a little confusing..........sooooo....... :grinnnn:

Like i said before, the whole purpose of this was Spring Swap :good2:, and maybe i should have been more clear and specified, "garden related items", but whatever you buy, will be fine to give and send. :ThumbUp:

And when you are shopping for your buddy and you see somthing that wasnt on their list, and you think they'd love it, then by all means, go for it and get it, the surprise is the best part.

This is supposed to be fun........happy shopping :yesssss:
« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2010, 07:08:24 AM by Penny »

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #65 on: Feb 19, 2010, 07:20:45 AM »
Well ya' do wear t-shirts in the garden, right? :BigGrin: (Hey I can twist most anything around to fit the topic :giggle: Except the Angel pukeys)
May I request if someone says t-shirt (coughjen) To please put a size? I like to wear Large T-shirts in my garden :laughpound:
My friend has big cement toadstools in her garden. You could even sit on them if you wanted. I know thats not mailable, but they're really cool.
I didn't find a rosemary plant to put in my garden last year (it may be way to early to find one for here now anyway) I love rosemary, not seeds tho'. I have no luck with rosemary seeds.
I also always wanted an obelisk(again, not mailable) that a vine could grow up in the middle of my garden.
I too love anything solar. Light up or glow in the dark. I used to have solar path lights along my garden that lit at night.  They finally died after 8 years of not being taken in in winter. (oops!) I'd really like those again. Ya' know the little short ones.
My #1 thing I want for the garden is someone else to weed it! :Laugh1:

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #66 on: Feb 19, 2010, 08:09:38 AM »
I had to look up obelisk.  You guys are too smart.

Jessica

« Reply #67 on: Feb 19, 2010, 09:24:03 AM »
Sorry, I guess I brought up non-garden related items.  I will try to stay on topic. :giggle:

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
« Reply #68 on: Feb 20, 2010, 11:26:09 AM »
I collect frogs...the fatter and rounder the better.

I collect copper items.

I like tiny windchimes, the ones that are about the size of your hand.

I collect sun, and sun and moon designs.

I love the cut crystals that throw rainbows everywhere.

My kitchen is predominantly medium blue and white with deep red accents.
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #69 on: Feb 21, 2010, 04:44:56 PM »
sarah, you could almost have my list except the frogs!  and the t-shirt size is minimum xl, but the larger the better.

i love the toadstools wrennie.  will have to look into those.  might be something in my future wish list for my husband :BigGrin:

i guess the reason i said not too much garden related is that i still haven't got my gardening figured out since i am banned from the sun :razberry:
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #70 on: Feb 22, 2010, 08:05:19 AM »
I like sun and moon designs too and I have 2 cut crystal chime things (they don't tinkle too much) hanging on my screened in porch.   We're all the same in different ways.   :smile:

Bayou Girl, sometimes I forget about you and the sun issue.  It's raining here so come visit me. :9536:

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #71 on: Feb 24, 2010, 09:04:14 AM »
I'm gettng excited!!!!!!

Jessica

« Reply #72 on: Feb 24, 2010, 09:56:10 AM »
I'm gettng excited!!!!!!

Me too!!! 

Offline Penny