Author Topic: Who says it isn't Spring yet?  (Read 2905 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Who says it isn't Spring yet?
« on: Feb 17, 2010, 06:09:12 PM »
Something is definitely going on.  I just cleaned out my garden cabinet.  All the containers that really weren't up to standard went in the garbage (3 bags full).  All the containers that I'm keeping went in a bag to go to the shed.  All the gardening supplies that somehow migrate into the house are in a box ready to go back outside.  I'm feeling very virtuous.  So who else is getting an early start on the Spring garden chores?

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
Re: Who says it isn't Spring yet?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2010, 07:51:53 PM »
I haven't started any chores - it's too cold but I've got some seeds on the kitchen counter waiting for me to start them.  I'm ready.

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2010, 08:32:50 AM »
I cant do anything outside yet, but i have started all my peppers, too early for my tomatoes though yet.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2010, 02:06:56 PM »
Well since last time, I've gotten the containers and gardening equipment all outside in the shed where it belongs.

I've bought 13 wire fence pieces and I've put them in the ground around the short side of the front of the house.  I've bought 6 plant stakes and put them in that same bed.  I've weeded and pulled out all of the rotting weed barrier for that area.  It is looking so good.  And it's making the rest of the beds look so bad.  But we are suppose to have nice weather through the weekend so hopefully I can get the rest of the beds surrounding the house done.

Then I put up my metal Sunny Face on my shed door.  I love having things on the shed.  And I put up a little ceramic sign that says, "So many weeds...so little thyme."  I thought it was so cute I just had to get one.  I put it at the start of my walkway.  You know everytime I do something like that I get more of a sense of this being my permanent home.  It feels great.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2010, 03:42:07 PM »
I forgot to mention that along with the tulips, iris, blackberry lilies, and mums are all sticking there little heads above ground.  I'm so ready for this.  Well I'm going to catch lunch.  Then who knows I may even do another 20 minutes outside.

Jessica

« Reply #5 on: Mar 05, 2010, 03:45:11 PM »
How exciting, Tammy!  I can't wait to see green poking out of the ground!

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #6 on: Mar 05, 2010, 04:26:10 PM »
I am so glad your mums are coming up.  You were worried about those ones, right?

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #7 on: Mar 05, 2010, 04:53:57 PM »
My mums are coming up, too, Tammy...

I have different colors all spread through that bed and they look like they are doubling in size... :thspeechless-vi:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #8 on: Mar 05, 2010, 05:16:33 PM »
They probably are doubling in size. You may be cutting them back very soon. They are fairly easy to root if you want more.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #9 on: Mar 05, 2010, 06:12:40 PM »
two of my clumps of mums are showing green.  The others aren't.  But as soon as mine is about your size I'll be dividing them.  Just like you I want them to be throughout the bed.

I had no luck taking rootings from the mums when I tried it.  But then that isn't my strong suit.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal