Author Topic: Bed Bugs  (Read 7456 times)

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
Re: Bed Bugs
« Reply #1 on: Aug 27, 2010, 03:39:19 PM »
Happy to NOT be on that list.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Jessica

« Reply #2 on: Aug 27, 2010, 03:40:39 PM »
Minneapolis is on that list but believe it or not it has not been on our news.  It has been on the news about Ohio and New York but not about them being here.  I won't be staying in any hotels any time soon!

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #3 on: Aug 27, 2010, 03:56:42 PM »
If it were only hotels, you can work around it. But theaters and clothing stores also. Besides apartments and homes.
Los Angeles is the closest to me on that list. No plans to go there any time soon for anything.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Jessica

« Reply #4 on: Aug 27, 2010, 03:57:35 PM »
I saw that they are other places too.  Ick!! 

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #5 on: Aug 27, 2010, 10:02:51 PM »
They are in SC, too. Only 10 miles away from me. My daughter has them in her home due to her roommate bringing her a set of beds home from the rental center that he works at. An exterminator sprayed around their baseboards last week, but hasn't been back to do another spray yet... :cringe:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: Aug 27, 2010, 10:18:22 PM »
nasty little creatures, but like lice, there are places where they are "the norm"
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #7 on: Aug 27, 2010, 10:26:34 PM »
Not here. I have enough issues attempting to keep spiders and ants out of my house. I am winning that war.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #8 on: Aug 27, 2010, 10:41:59 PM »
I was sweeping the kitchen this afternoon and found a grasshopper in there! :o I about had a cow... :giggle:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Jessica

« Reply #9 on: Aug 28, 2010, 09:57:10 AM »
Dianna, that is too close to home.  I would tell your daughter to stay away. :giggle:

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #10 on: Aug 28, 2010, 10:28:42 AM »
You wouldn't believe the steps Dianne goes through before she keeps the girls.
This is me ->?

Jessica

« Reply #11 on: Aug 28, 2010, 11:13:57 AM »
How long has she had them?

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #12 on: Aug 28, 2010, 11:16:59 AM »
I would tell your daughter to stay away. :giggle:

Jessica, if it didn't involve my grandgirls, I would... :wink5:

They have had them for a couple of months. They have just recently been exterminated. I told them that if they didn't have someone come in, I was calling the landlady and going to tell her that I was calling the CDC. Jody, also, works as the landlady's maintenance man... ::)

I check the babies from head to toe when they come in. I have, also, started checking Megan. Bookbags and such do not come in the house. When I keep them overnight, I have Megan bring their clothes in a plastic bag, check all the clothes outside, and then throw them in the dryer... :good2:

I hate the thought of bugs eating on my babies while they are sleeping... :Crybaby:

Jessica

« Reply #13 on: Aug 28, 2010, 11:23:50 AM »
I was kidding, Dianna.  Those grandbabies are way too cute to make them stay away!  I hope they get it taken care of.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #14 on: Aug 28, 2010, 11:30:35 AM »
I figured you were kidding, Jessica, but if it weren't for the girls... :grinnnn:

Here is a great website for information on bed bugs. I am just glad that, even though they are related to lice, they are much, much easier to see... :wink5:
« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2010, 01:56:42 PM by Dianna »

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #15 on: Aug 28, 2010, 11:37:23 AM »
My oldest daughter's best friend had a house full of roaches. I used to check her things when she came over to spend the night, much like you do your granddaughters, Dianna. She did not mind. She thought it was quite cool to sleep somewhere without the little critters.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #16 on: Aug 28, 2010, 11:44:25 AM »
When I was young, Tina, I remember living in a house full of roaches, too. My daddy did everything he could to keep us all fed and an exterminator was not in the budget. I loved staying the night with my friends, but believe it or not, they enjoyed coming to our home more. ::) My mom was a lot more fun to be around than theirs... :grinnnn:

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #17 on: Aug 28, 2010, 12:00:17 PM »
Yes, Dianna. I have had to deal with various roaches in different apartments I have lived in in the past. I managed to leave them behind and do not want to see them again. I already have to deal with mice that want to take over my space here. That is an ongoing battle.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #18 on: Aug 28, 2010, 12:28:30 PM »
I don't like any type of creepy-crawlies. Thank goodness for Teminix. :grinnnn: If we end up with bed bugs here, I am sure that it won't last long because Terminix is here every three months... :BigGrin:

And they don't mind coming back and spraying again if you see something in between your quarterly appointments, for free. I had to have him come back last time because of spiders in between times. Sure was nice to know that I didn't have to deal with them until it was my regular appointment time... :good2:
« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2010, 12:30:11 PM by Dianna »

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #19 on: Aug 28, 2010, 02:09:49 PM »
Had to fix my link up above. Can't believe I left out the url... ::)

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #20 on: Aug 30, 2010, 10:05:16 PM »

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #21 on: Aug 30, 2010, 10:09:15 PM »
Yuck!

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Jessica

« Reply #22 on: Aug 30, 2010, 10:15:17 PM »
Hopefully we don't end up with them.

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #23 on: Aug 30, 2010, 10:16:06 PM »
Ditto that here.
Dear Lord, On this day, please wrap your arm around my shoulder and keep your hand over my mouth.  Amen

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #24 on: Aug 31, 2010, 06:40:46 PM »
fighting them at home is bad, in the dorms it is worse.  we toss all mattresses that are suspected or verified to have bedbugs.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal