Spirit Hunting > Basic Tools And Equipment

Home built night vision?

(1/4) > >>

Jim:
While surfing the web today I ran across this project. It looks relatively simple. I think we could come up with all the parts except the viewfinder from an old video camera and the head harness. Anyone up to giving this a try? I'm still studying it for now. Here is a pic with a link to some more text and pics on the project.

http://www.rpi.edu/~bradfe/NVG2.html

Jim

Bonnie:
Hey Jim,

That looks pretty cool. When you gonna make us one?

Bonnie

Jim:
I don't know.  I found this while looking for the sony camcorders that have night vision.  It seems they will take a picture in complete darkness about 10 feet away.  Additionally if you add an IR pack, you can take pics 100 ft away.  Of course I was trying to find one on ebay.  I marked a couple but I bet they are going to go kind of high. 

I really don't think this project would be too hard but there are no plans on the internet that I can find, just some text and a few pictures.  It would be kind of neat to try. 

Jim

Bonnie:
You're our Super Do Anything Jim. You can do it with just a few pictures and a little text on the subject. I got the faith.

Bonnie

Dianna:
Yep, our Mr. Gadget can do anything. He will be whipping us up a couple of 'em before too long...

I thought it looked rather interesting myself...

Dianna

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version