Author Topic: Winter blues seed swap ~ 2011  (Read 2973 times)

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
Winter blues seed swap ~ 2011
« on: Nov 13, 2010, 10:56:49 AM »
Okay everyone! You have been saving seeds, right? Are you ready to swap?  

Here are the details.

Everyone who wishes to be involved will send the seeds they want to include in the swap to me. When the deadline rolls around, I will then swap the seeds around, and mail your new seeds back to you.  

All types of seeds are welcome; flowers, veggies, trees, shrubs, vines, ect.

Please include at leat 25 seeds in each pack, unless they are small seeds, then the general "rule" is 1/8 tsp. of seeds in each packet. If it's a rare or hard to come by seed, less than 25 is okay, but please be sure to note that on the packet.

Please label each packet with the name of the seeds, and as much info as you can about growing requirements like sun or shade, plant height, ect.

Also put your screen name on each packet, so if there are questions or problems with your seed, we can take care of them.

You may send in as many packets as you would like, but please no more than 10 packets of the same type of seeds. You will get back roughly the same number you sent in.

Mail your seeds to me in a padded (bubble) envelope. Include postage to return the envelope to you.

You may also include a brief (5-10 item) wish list of seeds...I will do my best to get you a few off the list.

The deadline for seeds to reach me will be January 31, 2011. My plan is to get them out right after that, so we all get a nice suprise in our mailboxes around valentine's day.

If you would like to be included, please sign up in this thread and I will PM you my address.

We had a lot of fun last year, and I'm really looking forward to this year's swap!
« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2010, 11:20:02 AM by Dianna »
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
Re: Winter blues seed swap ~ 2011
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2010, 11:46:11 AM »
I love the name Winter Blues!
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline Ariel

« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2010, 12:45:58 PM »
Yah its that time of year again!!
"A Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help another up" -Anonymous

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2010, 10:29:17 AM »
I'm in!!

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #4 on: Nov 16, 2010, 10:30:14 AM »
I've decided to just send you one of the things I have duplicates of.  Otherwise it looks like you'll just get overwhelmed.  Anyway there are several wishlist swaps that will move much quicker than yours and I really want to participate in them.  I'm sorry if that sounds greedy.  What I send in to you will be donations.

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 2010, 08:04:46 AM »
I am hoping to get at my seeds this weekend, i wanted to last week, but I've been so busy and this week has been no better.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #6 on: Nov 18, 2010, 10:04:38 AM »
I have yours all packaged up, I'm just going to mail them off on payday.  I'm alittle tight this month.  I made a math error on the budget that left me with very little to go on. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2010, 09:13:54 AM »
I freed up some cash so I mailed off the seeds.  Please let me know when the seeds get there.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal