Author Topic: BG's Flower Photos  (Read 3366 times)

Offline Patty S

BG's Flower Photos
« on: Jun 13, 2007, 01:51:22 AM »
BG & I visited one of the garden club ladies so we could see her gardens, & she has absolutely lovely flowers blooming right now.  BG asked if she could take some pics, so I let her use my camera.  She likes to take pics & I usually tell her it's OK, but I've never paid much attention to the pics she's taken... I just upload them to "her" folder on the computer.

The lady said that she'd like to see the pics BG took, & while I was resizing them, I noticed that she got some awesome shots!  Most of her flowers were centered in the frame, & only one of them came out fuzzy. When she was taking them, I noticed that she moved around when she focused, to take the best advantage of the light!
Here's what she got...

Red Poppy

Purple Poppy

Verbena

White Cosmo

Purple Cosmo

Mallow

Queen Anne Cherries

Clematis

Lupin

Nigella Pods

(Some are painted! :idea: Great rainy day project!)

Eight year old BG is my main hobby, & I think that besides gardening, photography is becoming one of hers! It might be just cuz I'm "Grama", but I'm thinking that she has some potential! :picture: I need to take a closer look in her folder to see what else she's got in there!

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Re: BG's Flower Photos
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14, 2007, 06:51:18 AM »
BG took some awesome pictures, "Grama"! Looks like you have a budding professional photographer on your hands. It will be interesting to see more pictures as she develops her talent! :grinnnn:

Have you shown the lady, whose pictures are "starring", the results? The Garden Club may want to enlist her skill to show off everyone's bloomers!  ;)

Great job, BG!  :Wow:

"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 15, 2007, 08:31:44 AM »
Great pictures, Patty. Looks like she takes after her Grandma.

Bonnie
This is me ->?

Offline Patty S

« Reply #3 on: Jun 15, 2007, 11:43:36 AM »
She takes after me when it comes to her love of playing in the dirt, Bonnie, but I can't hold a candle to her when it comes to taking pics... & she likes to cook! :rolleyes1:

The other day she went on a rampage & took :picture: :picture: :picture: 95 :picture: :picture: :picture: pics! It took me a couple hours to resize all of them! (I'm gunna hafta sit that little lady down & teach her how to resize her own pics, if she keeps that up!)

I'm not gunna post 95 of her pics, but check this one out!
                       :picture: :picture:
I don't usually fiddle with her pics, but I cropped this one & brought it in closer.  I have to get her to tell me how she gets these good closeup shots, cuz it sure doesn't work for me! :tickedoff:

Yes, Dianna, we printed up 18 of the pics that she took in "Ms Elizabeth's" yard & took them over to her... she was thrilled! When we went there to give her the pics, BG took more pics (of course) & got a nice one of ELizabeth & her best friend, Max... so now we'll have to go back again, to take her this one! (Will it ever end?!)

(Now, Elizabeth wants to steal my BG! Aint gunna happen!)

If BG starts taking pics for the garden club, she can have my job as "archivist" while she's at it!   I got stuck with taking care of the club's scrapbook, just cuz I carry my camera around with me!

Most of the 95 pics she took the other day were of the neighbor lady's flowers & yard ornaments, when Kyle (Grandson/BG's brother) was working over there, moving 5 yards of top soil for her. BG found out that the lady's birthday is Sunday, so she wants to make her a book with those pics in it.  *This is the neighbor who has a cow every time anyone turns around in her driveway, but we're hoping that she'll learn how to be a nice person, if someone is nice to her!* (Sounds right. but we'll see.) :unsure:

« Last Edit: Jun 15, 2007, 11:55:08 AM by Patty S »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal