Author Topic: Signs  (Read 4281 times)

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
Signs
« on: Dec 28, 2010, 04:10:51 PM »
John was born 6/20/1942 and died May 2009  just before his 66th birthday. Before he died we bought Jonni a car and at age 17  and right around that time she got her license. John had mylodyplastic syndrome, known as MDS and that is sated as the cause of death on his certificate. When we stripped the paper off her car plates it turned out she only had one rear plate and most vehicles in California need 2, front and back. But she went around driving it as is for about a year. Then she had it in a parking lot in Los Angeles and they came along and ticketed it for the missing plate.
I dragged her kicking and screaming into Triple A to get new plates. She didn't want new plates because she had hers memorized. We paid and she was handed her new plates in an envelope after slipping them out and making sure there was 2 in there and we went out to the my van. In the parking lot I pulled those new plates out of the envelope they came in and applied the new stickers/tags. And then I had her look at the plates.
The new numbers are 6MDS620. I said, "Your dad died at nearly age 66 of MDS and was born on 6/20. I think this is a sign from him that he is watching over you."
Jonni has been comforted by this and had no problems memorizing her new plate numbers.
Do you think there are such signs for us here? Or is it a happy coincidence?
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
Re: Signs
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2010, 04:14:37 PM »
A sign for sure Tina... and one that brought tears to my eyes in the reading of it.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2010, 06:40:18 PM »
That brought tears to my eyes, also. :'(

Definitely a sign and easy for her to remember, too. What was going through your head when you saw it, Tina?
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2010, 06:49:09 PM »
I think a sign also.
Dear Lord, On this day, please wrap your arm around my shoulder and keep your hand over my mouth.  Amen

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2010, 06:49:55 PM »
I was just happy she had an easy to remember number. (memorizing is not one of her strong points). I thought it was cool that it was numbers that had meaning.
I don't consider myself in any way psychic or particularly spiritual. But I love mnemonic devices to help memorization. None of it brought tears or anything to me. But it is a nice warm fuzzy feeling to have meaningful numbers slide out of that random envelope. And I know it is for her too.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2010, 08:16:16 PM »
i think it is a warm fuzzy sign.  not one that brought tears, but one that has meaning.  sometimes, things have meaning if we are open to seeing them.  you saw the meaning in that.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #6 on: Dec 28, 2010, 08:21:18 PM »
Mostly I am happy that Jonni feels the meaning in that.

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2010, 09:49:03 PM »
A sign for sure.

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 30, 2010, 10:59:29 PM »
Yep, I'd say that was a sign.