Author Topic: Wish list  (Read 10003 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: Wish list
« Reply #25 on: Aug 06, 2007, 06:45:44 AM »
That would be a great addition to the garden.  But that sure would be a lot of work to get installed.  Those are underground systems right?

Offline patches

« Reply #26 on: Aug 06, 2007, 11:02:27 AM »
Duh, there are underground systems which can do your whole yard (lawn, garden beds, etc), it is a lot of work and can get very expensive. :yikes: However, if you're going to only concentrate on certain areas such as your garden areas, it can be installed above the ground.  :ThumbUp: I know having it installed for your lawn is very costly.   :shock:
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2007, 11:06:24 AM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #27 on: Aug 07, 2007, 02:30:50 PM »
Well at least it could be a grey water system and save on the water bill.  That would be good.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #28 on: Aug 07, 2007, 02:33:30 PM »
Is there any way you could have a "rain barrel" on that property, Duh, so that you wouldn't have to haul water so far?
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline patches

« Reply #29 on: Aug 08, 2007, 03:43:45 AM »
Well at least it could be a grey water system and save on the water bill.  That would be good.

Anything that saves on the water bill would be great! :clap: Here we not only have to pay for the water we use in the garden, but we get hit again because our sewer bill is based on the water bill.  :Vent: It's not fair because the water going into my garden is not going into the sewer. :SmileyFit:   
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #30 on: Aug 08, 2007, 05:46:48 AM »
No I can't have a rain barrel.  My landlord is easy going but not that easygoing lol. 

Patches it sounds like Dianna's idea about rain barrels is something that might be a good idea for you.  Do you have them?  Or if you own your own property I'd be thinking cystern. 

Offline patches

« Reply #31 on: Aug 08, 2007, 11:13:32 PM »
Duh, I do have two rain barrels that I collect water in but that's not nearly enough to even make a dent in my beds.  :smileyNo: I mainly have them for those times when I don't want to use the city water with all the chemicals in it for certain plants.   :idea1:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #32 on: Aug 09, 2007, 10:33:20 AM »
is there more rain available than you can collect in two barrels?  If so I'd be working on a way to connect a bunch of them.  How to they get away with charging you a sewer rate based on your water consumption.  I'm supprised no one has brought a class action suit against them for that one. 

Offline patches

« Reply #33 on: Aug 09, 2007, 03:02:50 PM »
It depends, Duh!  :ScratchHead: Sometimes there's more than enough for both barrels, but at other times there's not even enough for one barrel.  :smileyNo: Right now, with the lack of rain and the heat, both of them are bone dry.   :(

How to they get away with charging you a sewer rate based on your water consumption. 

Actually, I've never been able to figure that out either,  :unsure: but I guess they do it because they can!!! :SmileyFit:   :Vent:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #34 on: Aug 18, 2007, 06:07:30 AM »
I'm adding the matador rose to my wishlist. 

Offline patches

« Reply #35 on: Aug 18, 2007, 06:57:33 PM »
Right now, rain has moved to the TOP of my list.  :ThumbUp: I just heard the other night that our area is already 3" behind for the year, so it sounds like we have a lot of catching up to do!   :(
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2007, 07:02:06 PM by patches »

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #36 on: Aug 19, 2007, 06:36:17 AM »
Maryland is 10 inches behind for the year.  The news didn't way how far behind Virginia was.  But probably about the same. 

It seems like someone is going to have to start some desaltation factories and building some pipelines to distribute it around the country.  Pretty soon it's going to be that or we won't have any gardens or crops.

Offline patches

« Reply #37 on: Aug 20, 2007, 01:49:49 AM »
Maryland is 10 inches behind for the year.  The news didn't way how far behind Virginia was.  But probably about the same. 

Oh geesh, Duh, that's terrible!  :( Guess I better quit my belly-aching.  :ScratchHead: How often we forget that no matter how bad we have it, there are many others who are worse off than we are.   :crying:  :Crybaby2:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #38 on: Aug 20, 2007, 07:22:44 AM »
Well it started raining here last night and didn't stop until this morning so we got a good soaking rain but it sounds like the midwest got flooded.  This is so terrible.  Hurricanes from one direction and floods from another. 

Offline patches

« Reply #39 on: Aug 20, 2007, 03:14:42 PM »
Well it started raining here last night and didn't stop until this morning so we got a good soaking rain

Duh, I'm so glad to hear that you got a good soaking rain, :ThumbUp: and I sure wish we could get that. :(  They said on the news the other night that the area farmers are losing all their crops and that's so sad!    :Crybaby2: 

but it sounds like the midwest got flooded. 

Geesh, Duh!  I live in the MIDWEST, just across the river from St. Louis,  :ScratchHead: and I can tell you that we DID NOT get flooded.   It seems that all that God can manage to do is spit at us a little bit.   :rofl1:  :SmileyFit:
« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2007, 03:18:11 PM by patches »

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #40 on: Aug 23, 2007, 06:50:13 AM »
this weather is crazy isn't it?

Offline patches

« Reply #41 on: Aug 24, 2007, 06:12:23 PM »
Yep, Duh, this has really been a year of crazy weather,  :nutz: especially for all of us who have gardens.   :SmileyFit:  My beds look like fall is already here! :crying:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #42 on: Aug 25, 2007, 05:53:36 AM »
I posted my garden chores post here lol.  I get confused so easily.

« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2007, 05:55:37 AM by duh »

Offline patches

« Reply #43 on: Aug 25, 2007, 02:33:18 PM »
Well, Duh, I don't see your garden chores list here,  :ScratchHead: but don't worry about getting confused because it happens to me a lot too!!!  :nutz:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #44 on: Aug 26, 2007, 07:04:06 AM »
I moved it.  I don't remember where I moved it.  But I do remember that I moved it.  lol.

I was just thinking that I wanted to add those trees that truffles grow under to my wish list.  I think it would be really cool to have those.

Tamara

« Reply #45 on: Aug 30, 2007, 01:03:56 PM »
I wish I had a full grown willow tree (Oh to dream)

Offline patches

« Reply #46 on: Aug 30, 2007, 01:30:31 PM »
Well, I wish I could find out where Duh moved her chore list!   :rofl1:    :laughmao:

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #47 on: Aug 30, 2007, 10:03:05 PM »
I wish someone would start a topic on how to garden with worms. Megan has been asking about that subject for a while and I don't have a clue as to what to tell her on how to go about it... ;)
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline patches

« Reply #48 on: Aug 31, 2007, 01:24:12 AM »
Hey, Dianna, I'm not sure if you're talking about how to use worms in the garden bed or vermiculture?  :unsure:

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #49 on: Aug 31, 2007, 06:27:23 AM »
:oops: Patti, I am talking about vermiculture. :grinnnn: Sorry I wasn't clear about that!

Megan asked me a couple of months ago for instructions on doing a worm bed. She has the idea that she would like to raise her own worms for fishing...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal